bottle cage in Merida E One Sixty...

Tommyknocker

Feb 14, 2019
Madrid
Hi guys, sorry about my english, I am Spanish so I speak a better Spanish than English as you can imagine... well, the question is, how you carry the Bottle cage in your Meridas.. I usually carry a Camelbak Bag at my Back but i was wondering if there is something in the market to carry the water in the Bike for those quick rides of one hour or more.. you know... Do somebody has an Idea of what you use to?? Thanks..

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
Hi mate. No need to apologise, English spelling and grammar is very good for a second language.

I had the same question - i hate wearing a bag on my back if it can be avoided. I have have bought a Fidlock 600ml bottle as well as the "uni base" mount. Mounted on the top tube it is very conveniently located, secure and easy to use!

Pic below... Sorry i need to grab a close-up - this is the best i have at the moment
IMG_20190324_110048.jpg

Tommyknocker

Feb 14, 2019
Madrid
yeah, thats a good option indeed, do you think it can move on jumps? do you realized that or dont move at all.

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
yeah, thats a good option indeed, do you think it can move on jumps? do you realized that or dont move at all.
it moves around very little, more so when the bottle is full/heavy To be no honest i would probably give the mount a minor adjustment once or twice on a ride.

davowood

Feb 14, 2019
Australia
Just wondering if anyone has attached one to the underside of the top tube? Or on the back of the battery? With the lack of space - I’m thinking a magnet attachment might be do-able.

brash

Jul 19, 2019
Aus
I looked into it. I’m a big fan of the fidlock system and use it on my other bikes but it doesn’t work inside the main triangle of the Merida.

In the end I went with this option as it’s just enough water for a 2hr ride and holds my keys, multitool and phone. I honestly can say I don’t notice it when riding at all.

Osprey Duro Solo Belt review - MBR

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
I ended up with an EVOC bumbag. Holds 1.5L water (if you need that much) and some tools/spares/bars. Very comfortable and I don't notice it when I ride. Also no sweaty back and weight is on hips. I've ridden with the fiddlock (on top tube and down tube) and ended up going back to the waist bag.

Gordon

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles