• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Bosch PowerTube 500wh battery dead after single charge

omittones

Sep 18, 2019
Split, Croatia
Hey guys. Long story short, I just bought Cube eBike with Bosch motor. Brand new Hybrid 160 SL 2019 edition. The battery died immediately after first charge. Status LEDs won't work, everything non responsive, soft reset does nothing.
Tried plugging it in multiple times, inside the bike and outside. Still nothing.
Full story at Just got my Cube Stereo Hybrid, but battery does not seem to work - EMTB Forums

The shop (not the one I bought the bike from, they are German and are still not replying) tells my I have to bring the entire ebike so they can do diagnostics on it and see if the battery falls under warranty or not. Problem is they are on the other side of my country so I have to deliver the bike to them.
Is this plausible, that the entire bike has to be brought in in order to diagnose battery issues?

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Personally, I would ship the bike back and tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine then buy one elsewhere.

However, there are a couple options. If they are like far too many LBS, whoever has assembled and/or dicked around with your bike has little or no ebike knowledge and has screwed some wiring. If that is the case they will need the whole bike.
You could suggest that you will send the battery for them to test and if it is OK then you send the bike.

omittones

Sep 18, 2019
Split, Croatia
Personally, I would ship the bike back and tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine then buy one elsewhere.

However, there are a couple options. If they are like far too many LBS, whoever has assembled and/or dicked around with your bike has little or no ebike knowledge and has screwed some wiring. If that is the case they will need the whole bike.
You could suggest that you will send the battery for them to test and if it is OK then you send the bike.

If I only had other options, I would so tell them where to stick it. The dealer in question was https://www.bike-discount.de and they seemed legit enough.

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
Hey guys. Long story short, I just bought Cube eBike with Bosch motor. Brand new Hybrid 160 SL 2019 edition. The battery died immediately after first charge. Status LEDs won't work, everything non responsive, soft reset does nothing.
Tried plugging it in multiple times, inside the bike and outside. Still nothing.
Full story at Just got my Cube Stereo Hybrid, but battery does not seem to work - EMTB Forums

The shop (not the one I bought the bike from, they are German and are still not replying) tells my I have to bring the entire ebike so they can do diagnostics on it and see if the battery falls under warranty or not. Problem is they are on the other side of my country so I have to deliver the bike to them.
Is this plausible, that the entire bike has to be brought in in order to diagnose battery issues?
The problem may be elsewhere;
Is the plug fused? If so has it failed?
Can you try charging your battery with a different charger?
Can you try charging a different battery with your charger?

omittones

Sep 18, 2019
Split, Croatia
The problem may be elsewhere;
Is the plug fused? If so has it failed?
Can you try charging your battery with a different charger?
Can you try charging a different battery with your charger?

Charging battery with different charger does not work, the battery LEDs do not light up.
Charging other battery with my charger works, the other battery seems to be charging (LEDs light up).
The bike is on it's way to Germany for inspection, the guys at Bike Discount organized everything. We'll see how thing go.

Brer Anansi

Jun 12, 2020
exeter
Lots of threads on this problem. I took delivery of a Cube Reaction Hybrid Ex yesterday, and the battery (Bosh Powertube 625) has gone dead after its second charge. I'm aware that you need to disconnect the battery from the charger before turning off the charger, and I have been careful to do this. There is no indication of power either on the bike or when connected to the charger. I'm waiting for either the bike shop or Bosch to respond.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles