Bosch motor speed limit

Killerbee

Mar 7, 2019
On earth
Hello i will recieve in few days my 2019 Trek powerfly LT 9 with Bosch performance CX Line motor.
I bought it in Europe so speed limit is 25 kph.
I would like to travel with my ebike to USA and rent a battery there.
In USA, speed limit is 20mph or 32 kph, during this futur trip, is it possible to upgrade the software to get a speed limit at 32 kph and when back home, to downgrade it to return to 25 kph?
I do not want to installation a speedbox or something like that to avoid warranty
Thanks for your help

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
If it is possible, and TBH I am not sure that it is, you would have to find a dealer who can flash the software to the US spec when you are out there - I would suggest making contact with a Trek dealer in the vicinity of where you are travelling, and asking them if it is possible

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I think that's bollocks, it's only firmware.

On a slightly different note, how do you intend to get your bike to the USA? The batteries can't be flown.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Hello i will recieve in few days my 2019 Trek powerfly LT 9 with Bosch performance CX Line motor.
I bought it in Europe so speed limit is 25 kph.
I would like to travel with my ebike to USA and rent a battery there.
In USA, speed limit is 20mph or 32 kph, during this futur trip, is it possible to upgrade the software to get a speed limit at 32 kph and when back home, to downgrade it to return to 25 kph?
I do not want to installation a speedbox or something like that to avoid warranty
Thanks for your help
It seems a whole lot less hassle just to rent one when you get stateside

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles