Bosch motor repairs and service, now possible!

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
I have introduced myself here: Hi From the bearing guy - EMTB Forums But as this forum is specifically for the Bosch motors I would like to make myself known and available for technical help if members need it?
I currently run www.performancelinebearings.com and in this capacity, I have probably had more dealings with these motors than anyone outside of Bosch.
My site contains videos and "how to" guides but if anyone has any technical questions that are not covered there, I will be happy to try and answer them.

Pottsy

Founding Member
Feb 12, 2018
Northern Ireland
I have introduced myself here: Hi From the bearing guy - EMTB Forums But as this forum is specifically for the Bosch motors I would like to make myself known and available for technical help if members need it?
I currently run www.performancelinebearings.com and in this capacity, I have probably had more dealings with these motors than anyone outside of Bosch.
My site contains videos and "how to" guides but if anyone has any technical questions that are not covered there, I will be happy to try and answer them.
Do you work with Yamaha Sync Pro as seen on Giant bikes.

Pottsy

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
Very useful stuff. We're getting beyond the conventional wisdom that Bosch CX motors can't/shouldn't be serviced. While there's no way I'm stripping the motor while it's still under warranty, it seems like good advice to get the crank/chainset off, clean and pack with *lots* of grease, regularly...

I've already lost one motor to bearing failure. Probably my fault due to hose cleaning and liberal use of Muc Off around the motor.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles