Bosch motor Badge disappeared :-(

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
I have only just realised after cleaning the bike the bosch badge has gone from the motor casing, bit of a pain as the bikes only a few weeks old, are these stuck on and whats the best route of action to get another one, the shop I purchased it from/ Cube or bosch ?

No idea but would like the quickest option cus its pi$%ing me right off now ive noticed it :mad:
I've just had a look at a photo of when it was attached, it actually looks like a substantial cover plate and not just a stuck on badge :rolleyes:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Ask @Rob Hancill for one of these:

68f1a7043cfd7b7d482e5d0088264168.jpg

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I have only just realised after cleaning the bike the bosch badge has gone from the motor casing, bit of a pain as the bikes only a few weeks old, are these stuck on and whats the best route of action to get another one, the shop I purchased it from/ Cube or bosch ?

No idea but would like the quickest option cus its pi$%ing me right off now ive noticed it :mad:
I've just had a look at a photo of when it was attached, it actually looks like a substantial cover plate and not just a stuck on badge :rolleyes:

Whatever you do, don’t paint the white circle red or the ebike haters will have a target to aim for ?

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Ordered one from amazon , had no idea to look there cheers, there is absolutely no glue or tape residue left on the motor casing so i have no idea how this cover was attached.

Did you suss it out, exactly same happened to me today, I still have the cover but no idea how to ensure it keeps on in future!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It’s stuck on with double sided tape. I used black silicone adhesive (like Sikaflex) on my Gen2 and it didn’t fall off again. I haven’t got around to sticking the badge back on my Gen4.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
I just stuck the new one on with some heavy duty double sided tape.

Patchinko

Aug 14, 2020
S.W hants
Me too X 2.

Both mine and the wife's came unstuck.

Luckily at home during washing.

Any suggestions for a good glue to stick em back on with?

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Stick one of these logos instead... maybe it would peave the company bosses at Bosch enough - that they might confront their logo department to get their act together and get such a simple task done properly... ??

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 2.32.32 PM.png

Spanner Monkey

Jul 27, 2020
Bournemouth
the original is held on with double sided foam tape, luckily mine came loose when washing the bike so I took it off cleaned it thoroughly and glued it back on with an automotive urethane glue, its going nowhere now.
maybe someone should start printing some replacements with a 3d printer for all those that love a bit of colour coordination on their bikes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles