Bosch KIOX retrofit

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
What kind of installation instructions does the kit come with?
No instructions but to be fair is pretty straight forward if you're willing to put the effort and have the tools mate. The motor is 6 bolts and is off.

Gazzaaitken

Nov 7, 2019
Scotland
I got a bit of a bargain with the retro fit kit, ordered my rail 9.8XT and asked them to order and fit the kit when the bike arrived. There only charging me the trade price at £150. Well happy ;)(y)

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Paul, what is this Garmin option you talk about? It sounds intriguing
I'm using the Edge 830, which is quite expensive, but does full navigation.
If you just want a smaller gps unit to track all your rides and can add heart rate monitor etc if you wish, my mate just bought an edge 130 from Halfords for £99.
Great little unit.

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
So fitted the Kiox on my Rail 7 today and also decided to fit the MT7 brakes I had for sale. Might as swell as I had to drop the motor!
Overall it was an easy couple of hours work. The motor is 6 bolts and is out. Very easy. Taken longer to mess with the battery mounts than actually doing the whole job lol.
Pretty pleased with the change. The Kiox seems allot better than the Purion in my opinion. But the main reason to change is the Lock security option.
Here some pictures
View attachment 29618 View attachment 29619 View attachment 29620 View attachment 29621
Hi, Just fitted the Kiox to my Rail 7 (same colour as yours) .. What wheel size did you set in the Kiox? I have messed with a few sizes and now my GPS mileage and Kiox Mileage match perfectly over a set distance, but still a small discrepancy on the speed. Just wondered how you got on.

Jul 14, 2019
bexhill on sea
Looking to upgrade on my cube stereo hybrid tm 500 2019 phone 2 local places
1st shop said kiox retrofit not available through bosch and wanted 2 hrs to drop motor to fit at £60 a hour
2nd shop said they would only touch it if I took there £500 2 year service package and another £349 to supply and fit kiox

I live in east sussex any body elseq know who I can try ?

tobster

Apr 3, 2020
Oxford
Looking to upgrade on my cube stereo hybrid tm 500 2019 phone 2 local places
1st shop said kiox retrofit not available through bosch and wanted 2 hrs to drop motor to fit at £60 a hour
2nd shop said they would only touch it if I took there £500 2 year service package and another £349 to supply and fit kiox

I live in east sussex any body elseq know who I can try ?
would that second shop be an ebike shop in Sussex by any chance?? They also pushed me to buy an expensive service package. Seems like these electronic bikes are far too complicated for most people....Out of interest what is the hourly rate to work on a human powered cycle?

Jul 14, 2019
bexhill on sea
Yes was the ebike shop in sussex not sure what normal bike rate is .
Just by peoples comments can it be done DIY the other shop I phoned hadn't done one so was only a rough quote .
They said software would need to be updated not sure to have a go myself or try find a bosch dealer that will do for a reasonable cost

LunarHybrid

Jun 25, 2020
KCMO
20200625_212357.jpg
20200625_212357.jpg

I like the kiox upgrade on my Rail 5. I just wish they had made the controller wireless/Bluetooth to the display.

LemonDrop

Jun 9, 2020
USA
Nicely done, I’m thinking of doing the same.
Have you managed to find the top-top mount or will you be keeping it on the stem?
I could not find the mount anywhere. To my surprise, I find the stem to be the right position for it. If I had it on the tube, I would have to legit look down to even glance. Happy with it on the stem

Martay

Jul 2, 2020
East Sussex,england
Added the kiox to my cube acid yesterday after getting the kit off amazon ,after seeing the navigation update coming. Seemed simple at first, but the end of the purions cable, unplugged end would not come out no matter how hard I tried, so I cut the cable instead and it was easy to pull it out , (butcher I know but I can solder cleanly later if I need it again) after that it only took me 20 mins, routed it around the brackets instead this time, didn’t take too long at all, and cheaper than dropping the motor as I didn’t have the tools, I noticed today that the ebike connect app updated on iOS, was hoping that would be the new firmware as it suggested.

F327A1B9-5A2B-422D-A963-BD64CCF7B36C.jpeg
10AFA548-0898-4EE3-A798-BE758FDBF824.jpeg

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
I was thinking it would be interesting to see when in EMTB mode the percentage of time you're in eco, tour or turbo. Does the Kiosk have anything like that?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles