Bosch KIOX retrofit

WilkyWay

Dec 26, 2019
Durham UK
I have a knock block Kiox mount in the garage but haven’t bought the Kiox kit yet. Arrived in less than a week when ordered from Wheelbase. Maybe worth giving them a shout?

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
A bit off topic but kinda related to those who like details... Those of you who wear heart rate monitors, have you noticed what the drop on heart rate is on the same climb going from an analogue to e- mtb? I reckon instead of totally maxing out for 30 mins - 1hr I'm 'in the zone' for a couple of hours.

backcountry00

Jun 29, 2020
London/Kent UK
A bit off topic but kinda related to those who like details... Those of you who wear heart rate monitors, have you noticed what the drop on heart rate is on the same climb going from an analogue to e- mtb? I reckon instead of totally maxing out for 30 mins - 1hr I'm 'in the zone' for a couple of hours.
Funnily enough, just been looking at my Garmin Fenix data as I use a HRM. I had my first ride on Friday at Swinley Forest on the Rail and compared it my previous ride on the Sunday on my SC Hightower non-emtb.
I actually worked harder overall on the emtb, which I was a little surprised about.

This is the data from the emtb:

1D2BF6BB-6082-4AC8-9EE8-5AAD277953A7.png
C06A183E-4943-471E-8C38-5E1BC3F309F1.png

45E5A86C-3D1B-4067-8C01-133B600E19FA.png

backcountry00

Jun 29, 2020
London/Kent UK

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
Thats quite interesting. I would have thought it would be lower overall. I wonder if the higher percentage of time in the max/red zone for the EMTB was due to more oh-shit moments on the downhills? :) Used more calories too so the pie at the end is justified.

backcountry00

Jun 29, 2020
London/Kent UK
Thats quite interesting. I would have thought it would be lower overall. I wonder if the higher percentage of time in the max/red zone for the EMTB was due to more oh-shit moments on the downhills? :) Used more calories too so the pie at the end is justified.
I think you’re right - I did a higher number of high speed downhill runs which must have pushed my heart rate up. I think I almost worked as hard as my non-emtb, but travelled further overall, and climbed a higher distance.

backcountry00

Jun 29, 2020
London/Kent UK
Anyone find the illusive KnockBlock Kiox Top Tube mount?
Like trying to find a needle in a haystack whilst blindfolded.
Can’t find them in stock anywhere ??‍♂️

backcountry00

Jun 29, 2020
London/Kent UK
Go into your local Trek dealer and ask them to order your Trek Part No. W591512 - Will take a while to get it in, but its the only way to get one.
Thanks.
Called Trek HQ, due in stock on the 3rd August so put my order in with the local Trek dealer.
Fingers crossed it’ll arrive soon as I have the Kiox kit waiting to be fitted!!

backcountry00

Jun 29, 2020
London/Kent UK
If anyone is interested .. Trek Kiox Knock Block mount .. Pedal Power in Loughborough Leicestershire has 2 in stock, they ordered 3 when I asked them to get me one in .. arrived today, so 2 left in stock.
Thank you! Just ordered one from Pedal Power - really appreciate you letting us know as I’m not sure how long it would have taken to order this ???

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
Anyone have a North American (ideally even Canadian) online source for the retrofit kit? The best online source I've come across is bike24, but wondering if anyone's come across something closer/better.

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
Does the Kiox have the update firmware option? So you don't have to go to a Bosch dealer to update your Bosch CX motor firmware?

Display has nothing to do with the motor software, dealer update for the motor is the only option ... Kiox software/firmware can be updated through the phone app.

Stro3579

Oct 2, 2020
USA
Where can I get the kiox mount for the top tube in the USA? Can’t seem to find it anywhere. Also looking for the kiox kit as well.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Where can I get the kiox mount for the top tube in the USA? Can’t seem to find it anywhere. Also looking for the kiox kit as well.
I bought the upgrade kit and it comes with the pre wired head stock mount, I’m not sure how this can be changed to a top tube mount. The USA kit may be different.

Stro3579

Oct 2, 2020
USA
I bought the upgrade kit and it comes with the pre wired head stock mount, I’m not sure how this can be changed to a top tube mount. The USA kit may be different.
Yours already had a mount on it? Post Picts if you don’t mind

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles