Bosch Gen4 gets more power, is faster than Turbo Levo in drag race

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
Could anyone give me any pointers of a shop to get this download done on my bike around the Notts/derby/Leicester borders. Looking at the bosch dealer web site base is a bit limited and a few shops are not around anymore. Not to fussed about traveling as I will put the bike in the van, more concerned about a shop that knows there stuff (y)

Pedal Power in Loughborough ... can't be that far from you. I use them, for all my Bosch motor needs, had my gen4 updated a few weeks ago.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Pedal Power in Loughborough ... can't be that far from you. I use them, for all my Bosch motor needs, had my gen4 updated a few weeks ago.
I've had it done now, sorry should of updated my question. Turns out the local shop I purchased the bike from could do it. I made the mistake of looking at the bosch dealer web page which is vague at best .

Darren66

Mar 7, 2020
uk
Could anyone give me any pointers of a shop to get this download done on my bike around the Notts/derby/Leicester borders. Looking at the bosch dealer web site base is a bit limited and a few shops are not around anymore. Not to fussed about traveling as I will put the bike in the van, more concerned about a shop that knows there stuff (y)
Pedal Power or 50 cycles in Loughborough

PJ27

Jan 8, 2020
Gosford, NSW
When I got my update done, they uploaded the wrong version, it didn't have EMTB mode, and was still 75Nm. Took it back, and there are about 6 versions of 1.1.0.0 The second time I went back, I insisted on watching them tick the right box for update (no facility to print it out). The update is seriously noticeable, heaps more pull at 85Nm. your issue sounds a bit odd...

Hey Fuzz, I agree & bike is back at the shop for review. It was commented that the crank size that may have been entered was 170 not 165.......I also asked to ensure the update is for the correct motor software update he is choosing for the Performance Line, not the Speed latest version is 1.1.0.0 as well from my understanding

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
The update is massive, i can confirm after 1600 miles on the old software the bike is different. I couldn't fault the power unit before the update and have no reference to any other bike, left to my own devises I was more than happy with the bike.

I mainly ride in eco, since the update eco has noticeably more power and delivers that power way below the original rpm of the old motor, it allows you to grind through an incline without changing down, just as much work but higher speeds on inclines. One hill I would slog out dropping through the box at around 4-5 mph now achievable at 6-7mph.

There's a ridiculous hill I've always attempted in EMTB mode but never managed it, always span out from grip and loss of momentum. the bike climbed it twice after the update. Without the update I was happy, with it is like a new toy :)

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
I've just moved from a Shimano E8000 to the new Bosch on a Whyte and it has 1.1.0.0.

It is really powerful but I'm finding I have a really bad overrun issue, on slow technical elements I can peddle and back off but the motor will continue to power for 1-2 seconds, its so bad the bike actually through me over 2 bumps whist not peddling and threw me off the bike as it careered on.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?
I wonder if I should tale it back to my LBS and see if they can reset and reload the software, its spoiling what is a great bike.

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
I've just moved from a Shimano E8000 to the new Bosch on a Whyte and it has 1.1.0.0.

It is really powerful but I'm finding I have a really bad overrun issue, on slow technical elements I can peddle and back off but the motor will continue to power for 1-2 seconds, its so bad the bike actually through me over 2 bumps whist not peddling and threw me off the bike as it careered on.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?
I wonder if I should tale it back to my LBS and see if they can reset and reload the software, its spoiling what is a great bike.
No thats just part of the update. you will get used to it quite quickly & use it to your benefit when approaching roots, rocks etc. You do have to watch uphill technical cornering though & I always keep a finger on the rear brake incase I accidently loop out

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
Hi Everyone, I had my 2020 Jam 2 Bosch Gen 4 software updated to 1.1.0.0 correct version I believe. I have notice today on my first ride that in Turbo mode around 14-15kmh (apprx. 9mph) the torque from the motor drops or flatlines, which feels like the motor has cut out but it hasn't. I never felt this on the previous version. I was riding uphill moguls, on the up side could feel the pull then on the downhill side when hitting the 15kmh it would feel like it cut out but the motor wasn't going.

Has anyone else had the same experience? Could the new update for Performance Speed have been loaded as they are the same version 1.1.0.0? Any other ideas?
I never use turbo mode unless its a straight long hill. I think it's because of the same issue you are experiencing. I just keep it in EMTB & pedal & leave it to the 'auto gearbox' to sort out which power level is appropriate. From what I understand (& would happily be corrected) the power levels are chosen from the cadence & effort put into the cranks. I'm assuming that the drop off in applied pressure/ cadence going over the moguls would indicate to the control unit that motor output is unneeded until pressure or cadence changes.

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
New firmware 1.1.2.0 is out.
Does anyone know the release notes ?

I had the update 1.1.0.0 to my motor for a few weeks then had a issue that required a new motor .. New motor has version 1.1.2.0 ... Cant notice anything that is different in the motor during riding. So I think the new version maybe has a few bug fixes thats all.

Fuzz

Jun 2, 2020
Yarrahapinni, NSW, Australia
This was posted today on another thread...it may be of interest...

Today at 6:02 AM
I've just had my bosch performance cx 2020 updated, to 1.1.2.0 (got me the 85Nm upgrade)
The volspeed won't even activate anymore, nothing I do can get it to send any signal to my screen/display (also tried tying up the speedsensor in/out connectors to reset the activation code, nothing happens...) not sure if the chip just cut out, if I'm somehow not managing to get it back out of workshop mode, or if they've figured out a way to interfere with the chip's functioning.

Curious if anyone else has experience with 1.1.2.0?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles