Bosch fast charger?

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
I've ordered a bosch super fast 6a charger with my new bike with the theory of blasting a big charge in it over a lunch break when out and about. Anybody got one and is it worth it over the standard 4a charger? The battery is a 625w new gen bosch

Pukmeister

Jul 18, 2019
Fareham
My Giant smart charger is 6A but only when connected direct to battery, direct to bike is 4A. I presume the logic behind it is that a battery in fresh air can charge up cooler than one mounted inside the down tube?

I haven't yet tried it at the 6A method.

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
I've ordered a bosch super fast 6a charger with my new bike with the theory of blasting a big charge in it over a lunch break when out and about. Anybody got one and is it worth it over the standard 4a chargThe battery is a 625w new gen bosch
Hi Lee
What bike have you got with the new Bosch 625 and new motor?
What are your first impressions?
Any problems?

Snoozeboy

Feb 20, 2019
Lausanne
I've ordered a bosch super fast 6a charger with my new bike with the theory of blasting a big charge in it over a lunch break when out and about. Anybody got one and is it worth it over the standard 4a charger? The battery is a 625w new gen bosch

I'd love to know how portable the 6A is and if it's much heavier than the lightweight 2A charger that I have. I recently went for a weekend bike trip from Chateau D'Oex to Frutigen and I found the 2A one not fast enough to recharge the battery to a significant extent over lunch. The 2A charger is only really suitable for overnight charges as it takes about 7 hours for a 500Wh battery, so it's kind of pointless being compact as it stays in the house.

gwing

Apr 29, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK.
I'd love to know how portable the 6A is and if it's much heavier than the lightweight 2A charger that I have. I recently went for a weekend bike trip from Chateau D'Oex to Frutigen and I found the 2A one not fast enough to recharge the battery to a significant extent over lunch. The 2A charger is only really suitable for overnight charges as it takes about 7 hours for a 500Wh battery, so it's kind of pointless being compact as it stays in the house.

You don't get anything for nothing :) The Bosch 4Amp charger I have is roughly twice the weight and volume of my wife's 2Amp one, and the 6Amp is I suspect almost 3x as heavy as yours.

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
Hi Lee
What bike have you got with the new Bosch 625 and new motor?
What are your first impressions?
Any problems?

Hiya Bill, I've ordered a cube stereo hybrid 140 tm, exactly the same as Rob tested, and I'll be getting it in about a month ? I hired a 2018 model earlier in the year and blasted the 500 battery in a 3 hr ride at whinlatter and I'm planning some days out and thought a fast charge at lunch will give me plenty for another afternoon ride ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles