Bosch CX4 Motor Cover

PJ27

Jan 8, 2020
Gosford, NSW
Returned from a short ride on my 2020 Jam2 incident free and when I went to wash my bike, notice part of the Bosch Motor cover has come off. Has anyone else had this?
bike only 2.5mths old. Without the cover is the motor vulnerable to water, debris etc?

24EA2634-87E3-4284-A841-15C80D02FE7C.jpeg

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Yes it's a common problem, no it doesn't affect the motor in any way.
You can buy replacements

PJ27

Jan 8, 2020
Gosford, NSW
Th
Yes it's a common problem, no it doesn't affect the motor in any way.
You can buy replacements

Thanks Paul Mac. How much are they? I am in Aust so hopefully we can get them down here.

Poor design floor if it common. I would expect better from Bosch

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Th

Thanks Paul Mac. How much are they? I am in Aust so hopefully we can get them down here.

Poor design floor if it common. I would expect better from Bosch
I paid £7 from a Bosch service centre.
They're only held on with double sided tape

PJ27

Jan 8, 2020
Gosford, NSW

PJ27

Jan 8, 2020
Gosford, NSW
Doomanic, thanks for the photo that really helps. Now I can source the correct one.

Appreciate everyone's quick reply and help.

PJ27

Jan 8, 2020
Gosford, NSW
I sent an email to Bosch Australia asking where I can purchase or can I get one from them, no reply after 4 days! Not great service Bosch

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Bugger! Lost mine too. Anyone got a source for these?

[Edit: Looks like Ebike24 has got them. Not sure about being in stock, though, because the delivery date is 3 weeks hence. But at 6€ - double with postage - I'll take a punt. Also asked my local Bosch dealer to order me one. They seem to be like hen's teeth at the moment - probably due to the high demand because they fall off so easily.]

Last edited:

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
Bugger! Lost mine too. Anyone got a source for these?

[Edit: Looks like Ebike24 has got them. Not sure about being in stock, though, because the delivery date is 3 weeks hence. But at 6€ - double with postage - I'll take a punt. Also asked my local Bosch dealer to order me one. They seem to be like hen's teeth at the moment - probably due to the high demand because they fall off so easily.]
Seen them for sale here:- Bosch | E bike parts | Alltricks
Not sure what the postage might be.

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Seen them for sale here:- Bosch | E bike parts | Alltricks
Not sure what the postage might be.

Careful: I think you'll find those are only Gen 2 and Gen 3 covers. Take a look at post #8 above and you can see that they are very different.

I ordered one from Ebike24, in Dresden, Germany, with a probable delivery date of 2-3 weeks. Surprisingly, it shipped Friday evening and according to DHL my package is now in Spain. I might even have a motor cover back on the bike faster than my LBS gets around to replying to my request for him to order me one! ?‍♂️

Reactions: MPJ

Shy Ted

Aug 20, 2019
Inbed
Mine went missing after just 150 miles; I got the the big one as a replacement, it was free from the dealer; I just trimmed it down a bit to make it fit. It’s been on a lot longer than the original was, just made sure I cleaned the surface with a freon type cleaner and warmed up the sticky tape......hope this hasn’t jinxed it now.

557DDB95-2129-4671-A44C-4A99A117C15F.jpeg

PJ27

Jan 8, 2020
Gosford, NSW
How is everyone reapply the cover to ensure it doesn’t come off but if necessary you can remove?
I am sure I have seen something on the forum but cannot find it.
Appreciate everyone’s help. Cheers

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
How is everyone reapply the cover to ensure it doesn’t come off but if necessary you can remove?
I am sure I have seen something on the forum but cannot find it.

I stuck it back on using silicone sealant. It will be difficult to remove but will not be permanently affixed as it would be using Araldite.

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
I peeled my cover/cap off before it fell off, after reading these forums. Had it in my pocket when I went to the hardware store to choose an adhesive for it. Next day couldn't find it anywhere, searched the car, decided I'd lost it and started searching for a replacement online.
Later, on my way out, I pick up my wallet and...it was stuck to my wallet, facing down so I couldn't see it. :rolleyes: You gotta laugh:LOL:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles