Bosch CX performance gen 4 dead

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
Got my Trek Rail about 3 months ago and completed almost 500km. Now the motor has committed suicide and giving me error code 500. Back at LBS waiting for an update.

Curious if anyone else with a new gen4 motor had problems/failures similar to mine. Hoping this sort of “Brose experience” would be limited to the Levo owners

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Error 500 = Internal Drive Unit Fault
Error 510 = Internal Drive Unit Fault...

Methinks that Bosch are being somewhat opaque.

I've got two Gen 4 motors so will be very interested to hear your feedback.

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
Error 500 = Internal Drive Unit Fault
Error 510 = Internal Drive Unit Fault...

Methinks that Bosch are being somewhat opaque.

I've got two Gen 4 motors so will be very interested to hear your feedback.

I’ll let you know once this is sorted. First time I got it my LBS had received some sort of secret reset from Bosch/Magura.

The error code went away, but only for a bit. Got it back, hit the trails and sure enough, error-code 500 and the motor shut down.

Now it’s back at my LBS.

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
I will read. I am curious if that 1 is reliable.
How about the sound?

Up until my motor gave up the bike was quiet for 500km . I’m quite sure I just had bit of bad luck. My understanding is that Bosch motors in general are quite reliable.

games133

Apr 19, 2020
hartlepool
ive had a gen 4 motor with error 510 on it. ended up with a new motor the bike had done about 150 mile. now got new motor with 1 mile on it what bike shop done to check it over.

Darren66

Mar 7, 2020
uk
ive had a gen 4 motor with error 510 on it. ended up with a new motor the bike had done about 150 mile. now got new motor with 1 mile on it what bike shop done to check it over.
Are you saying that you still have the error code on the new motor after a mile?

games133

Apr 19, 2020
hartlepool
tbh I'm not sure my local bike shop was a bit crap at letting know what was wrong and what needed doing. he just went ahead. if I hadn't rang up I wouldn't of found out. but when the new motor arrived or bosch turned up to loook it was changed that day. guess depends on how busy the shop is.

nasamorpheus

Jul 17, 2020
Ljubljana
Got my Trek Rail about 3 months ago and completed almost 500km. Now the motor has committed suicide and giving me error code 500. Back at LBS waiting for an update.

Curious if anyone else with a new gen4 motor had problems/failures similar to mine. Hoping this sort of “Brose experience” would be limited to the Levo owners
Hard to believe show me some proof ?

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
Here is the proof. Error code 500
IMG_6053.jpg

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
The original post is 6 months old. Bike has been mint since I got it back. Honestly think this sort of thing is fairly uncommon with the new generation Bosch.

I am however jealous of the Levo owners clean cockpit, (elegant controller). Don’t tell em I said that.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
What about that 2 year warranty ?
Let say for some reason you choose to sell that bike.
Will the new owner benefit from that new 2 year warranty ?
I saw an ad and the seller is selling a 2020 Levo and he pretends
the new warranty(his motor blew) is transferrable but i have no clue if this is bullshit.
Thanks and good luck.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles