• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Bosch creaking noise

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
Not my bike but a friends with the Bosch CX motor, only done 300 miles but just over 2 years old. When he pushes down on the pedals there is a creaking noise. Only there when putting weight through pedals. Before I take to bits I’m assuming the bolts that hold motor to frame need tightening but thought I’d ask for advice first in case anyone else has had this, thanks

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
Can't help entirely but I did a Chainring clean a while ago and didn't torque the chainring bolts all the way up. A lot of creaking until I applied the correct torque. Could be worth checking that too. I've got a brose motor, not Bosch so can't comment further.

There are posts about creaking on this forum though about creaking.
Here is one in the Specialized forum but might be useful to you.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Could also be at the BB itself inside the motor I suppose; the pedals, cleats or crank arms are also potential suspects. You will need to eliminate options one by one til it stops, as finding creaks is notoriously difficult - I've always been able to hunt them down eventually, but rarely (possibly never!) are they the thing I initally suspected!

Last edited:

Laker123

Nov 15, 2018
New Zealand
This was an easy fix, crank and cover off and the motor mount bolts needed tightening, that was it

We had 3 x Haibike Hard Seven 4.0's running the bosch Perfomace CX motor, all developed creaking at around 100km riding, needless to say all the motor mount bolts were loose and now there is no creaking. Seems to be a running theme with the Bosch so it seems!

SquireRides

Sep 4, 2018
UK
I had a replacement Bosch CX motor after the first drive-side bearing failed. It clearly wasn't installed properly and I had a lot of creaking when putting the cranks under any pressure. I just had to go around all the mounting bolts that were accessible externally (on my Cube Reaction Hybrid). Many were not even finger-tight. After that, no creaks!

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Same thing on mine now. Applying pressure to pedals, lots of creaking from motor area. Even had seat post out to eliminate that as a culprit. Will try to access the mounting bolts and see if they are loose. No idea how to get to them. Do I need any special tools? Cube Reaction Hybrid 500 2019 version

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
Same thing on mine now. Applying pressure to pedals, lots of creaking from motor area. Even had seat post out to eliminate that as a culprit. Will try to access the mounting bolts and see if they are loose. No idea how to get to them. Do I need any special tools? Cube Reaction Hybrid 500 2019 version
You need to access the bolts from the left hand side of the motor. The only special tool you’ll need is a crank puller.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Still waiting for crank puller tool to arrive so I can remove cover and check those mounting bolts. Creak is getting louder for sure and I’m amazed how common the Bosch mounting bolt issue is on this forum and others. I can’t wait to have a silent bike once again.

SquireRides

Sep 4, 2018
UK
Still waiting for crank puller tool to arrive so I can remove cover and check those mounting bolts. Creak is getting louder for sure and I’m amazed how common the Bosch mounting bolt issue is on this forum and others. I can’t wait to have a silent bike once again.

Mo bolts mo problems

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles