• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Bosch Battery Question (Overheated?)

HKP57

Jul 7, 2018
Central Scotland
The battery on my wife's Cannondale Moterra is discolored on the front, is this a sign of pending doom with it overheating?

42354921_698157753895567_2976134468923817984_n.jpg

42313186_722231768120757_3769750915196649472_n.jpg

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
That does not look good ?
How old is the battery and any strange smells coming from it?
I would recommend you call the shop you got it from as soon as possible.
Hopefully some of the Bosch battery owners have seen this before and can comment?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 952

Hi i was just wondering what colour the big strap is that goes over the battery to me it looks like it’s just that rubbing.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
I would be very surprised if enough heat can be generated to actually discolour the plastic case whilst the battery still remains functional. Still, I agree you should get it checked out. How is the performance in terms of battery life and power delivery at this point - the same as before, or significantly decreased?

Last edited:

HKP57

Jul 7, 2018
Central Scotland
Hi how is the Moterra I keep looking at them some good deals around at the minute

Moterra is great so far but please remember we are completely new to MTB and ebikes, my wife rides the moterra and I have a Turbo Levo HT. certainly hers is quicker up the hills but I am sure thats down to the mass sitting on mine lol.

We do mainly cross country stuff just starting to do some mild downhill stuff.

Main thing is we have a blast and we would never have went near MTB if not for epower.

Ma Steed.jpg

Capture3.JPG

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
I have still got the sticker on my 500 which are fine as my bat strap doesnt touch the battery as there is cover that sits in between the strap and battery - is thier one of these on your wife dale? also whats the advice remove the stickers or leave them on?

HKP57

Jul 7, 2018
Central Scotland
I have still got the sticker on my 500 which are fine as my bat strap doesnt touch the battery as there is cover that sits in between the strap and battery - is thier one of these on your wife dale? also whats the advice remove the stickers or leave them on?
no there is nothing on hers between battery and the strap.

we took it off as it already looked bad and its now easier to stretch the strap over the battery.

coefficient of friction must be less lol

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
If find that if I dont make sure the "protector" is shoved fully to the top then, yes, the bat strap wont stretch far enough - I would be worried about a rock flicking up a cracking my battery case without it! - but it also keeps the battery immaculatly clean.
p4pb16411855.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles