Bikecrush: new Evil Following

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Ride
None
I've had a V1 Following for 5 years, great bike. Just fun for where I ride (Surrey Hills).

I skipped the MB but the new version looks so sweet.

Help me here guys. It'snearly £6k for the XT build!!

s1600_2020_Evil_Following_Protein_Powder_XT_build_shown.jpg

Reactions: routrax

BAMBAMODA

Das Hammer !
Subscriber
May 17, 2020
Stuttgart, Germany
Ride
Turbo levo SL
I've moved to Offering actually. But also hurt myself last week so it will be a few months ...
MY wreckoning is in the mail. Ordered some Ohlins Dh38s for it at 180 which is only 4mm longer than lyric 170mms. Some ENVE m930 wheels too which is a 4 week wait :(

post up pics when you get yours going please. Are you going PUSH for the rear shock??

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Ride
None
MY wreckoning is in the mail. Ordered some Ohlins Dh38s for it at 180 which is only 4mm longer than lyric 170mms. Some ENVE m930 wheels too which is a 4 week wait :(

post up pics when you get yours going please. Are you going PUSH for the rear shock??
hey buddy enjoy your new bike.

I got injured since I started this thread so any purchase is now postponed to spring. I'll update for sure.

Yes I've decided to get the 11-6. I'm not getting any younger, now is the time!

Look forwards to seeing your Wrecker.

BAMBAMODA

Das Hammer !
Subscriber
May 17, 2020
Stuttgart, Germany
Ride
Turbo levo SL
hey buddy enjoy your new bike.

I got injured since I started this thread so any purchase is now postponed to spring. I'll update for sure.

Yes I've decided to get the 11-6. I'm not getting any younger, now is the time!

Look forwards to seeing your Wrecker.
Ahh man... hope you heal well!!! Ill post pics as parts get in.

Reactions: miPbiP

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Ride
None
Yeah great bikes but crazy money too
they are, though I had my Following 5 years and still ride it a lot so it evens out over time. my kit gets used, none of it is coddled.

also I'm 54, 5 more years on a new bike takes me to nearly 60. if I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it I've come to the conclusion I should have what I fancy while I'm still in good shape to enjoy it.

I looked at a lot of other bikes while I've been injured, not much comes close to Evil for me (and I have local dealers which helps) except maybe the Nicolai Saturn.

Reactions: BAMBAMODA

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Sep 4, 2018
UK
they are, though I had my Following 5 years and still ride it a lot so it evens out over time. my kit gets used, none of it is coddled.

also I'm 54, 5 more years on a new bike takes me to nearly 60. if I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it I've come to the conclusion I should have what I fancy while I'm still in good shape to enjoy it.

I looked at a lot of other bikes while I've been injured, not much comes close to Evil for me (and I have local dealers which helps) except maybe the Nicolai Saturn.
To be fair, you don't really get in to mountain biking until you retire. The best is yet to come.

• Helpful

BAMBAMODA

Das Hammer !
Subscriber
May 17, 2020
Stuttgart, Germany
Ride
Turbo levo SL
A94D67F7-2269-4346-9913-43E9CCAE077F.jpeg

The build I’m going for except with some ohlins DH38s Enve 930s and still undecided on what breaks to choose while waiting on trickstuff Maximus

gotta get faster on this trail:
A340B19D-F17D-4088-B079-795CE57B99C1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: R120

JetSedgwick

Aug 29, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
Ride
Levo, Yeti SB150
Sounds like a bargain.

If you think a Levo SL costs more than a Levo, because it has a smaller lower capacity battery and a smaller less powerful motor.

So the Evil, where they've managed to reduce the motor and battery even further, you'd expect to start at at least £12,000 ..
imagine how expensive a pair of flipflops would be....

• Haha
Reactions: Zimmerframe

BAMBAMODA

Das Hammer !
Subscriber
May 17, 2020
Stuttgart, Germany
Ride
Turbo levo SL
thanks mate, yeah I'm through the worst and nipping about on crutches now. a way to go before I'm walking/riding tho.

cool new ride.

ooh the new 2021 Stumpy EVO!! Offering's still in the frame tho.
Damn man it’s been almost 2 months.

Did you see the free hub review on the evo? The dude liked it but nothing crazy. My buddy at the bike shop really likes the evo tho but hasent ridden it. I’d say the offering is better than the evo from what I’ve read so far.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Ride
None
this is a 6 month injury minimum. it's possible I may not get full utility back though I think I'll get enough. it's OK, I knew this from the early days I'm at peace with it.

if only the Offering had a SWAT box!

anyway it'll be some time before I decide so plenty of water to go under the bridge yet.

in the meantime I'm really pleased I have the Levo for rehab. I'm just starting to imagine I may get a flat and gentle, very-assisted, ride soon. but impact and leg power will be a long way off, and I can't afford a fall.

looking forwards to Wrecker pics!

BAMBAMODA

Das Hammer !
Subscriber
May 17, 2020
Stuttgart, Germany
Ride
Turbo levo SL
E7114923-152C-4D5C-A2C1-5C36414FF41B.jpeg

Yeah, some fine itialian wine made me put the Öhlins sticker upside down.
Have some DH we are one wheels and ENVE M930 that should be shipping this week. And maybe the push eleven six shock too.

was gonna go aluminum cranks but got a good deal on some carbon X01s. Pretty limited with the super+ dub BB.

Last edited:

BAMBAMODA

Das Hammer !
Subscriber
May 17, 2020
Stuttgart, Germany
Ride
Turbo levo SL
DA557B33-A154-4093-9E8C-1F600A1F243E.jpeg

Added the push 11/6.
I have to say, these eddy currant ebike tires rock! They ride smooth. Heavy, but bikes light as fuck so doesn’t matter.

Last edited: