Bike warranty

May 30, 2020
St newlyn east
Hello all
Woukd any of you no if its possible to swap your warranty to a LBS? Having bought both of mine from two differant shops in wales and im down in cornwall .. only because the models i was after were only in stock in these shops? Thankyou

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I'm in Australia with a merida. I bought it 200km away while on holiday and no local stock. I thought I had a warranty issue and contacted the local LBS who is a merida dealer - they were happy to deal with it. I imagine any lbs who deals with your brand of bike should be good - they get paid for warranty repairs by the manufacturer.

May 30, 2020
St newlyn east
I'm in Australia with a merida. I bought it 200km away while on holiday and no local stock. I thought I had a warranty issue and contacted the local LBS who is a merida dealer - they were happy to deal with it. I imagine any lbs who deals with your brand of bike should be good - they get paid for warranty repairs by the manufacturer.
Thanks very much for that . I do have a local bosch dealer il definitely contact them if my motor goes again ive just bought a fox dropframe helmet from Australia its the only place i coukd find that still has them in stock thanks again jared

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I bought my emtb in a city that is a 3-1/2 hour round trip away from me. They are very good and I like them, but if I have to leave the bike with them that's 7 hours of travelling!
There is another Focus dealer much closer to me who I also like and who I SHOULD have bought the bike from. It is 30 mins away. They will deal with any warranty stuff. If it's big, like a motor or a battery, no problem. But if it is small (like a new piece of wiring harness) they make a £37 charge as otherwise they won't get their money back. If I had bought the bike from them, no £37 charge.
So, a minimum 3-1/2 drive, maybe 7 hours, or £37. Which would you do?

May 30, 2020
St newlyn east
I bought my emtb in a city that is a 3-1/2 hour round trip away from me. They are very good and I like them, but if I have to leave the bike with them that's 7 hours of travelling!
There is another Focus dealer much closer to me who I also like and who I SHOULD have bought the bike from. It is 30 mins away. They will deal with any warranty stuff. If it's big, like a motor or a battery, no problem. But if it is small (like a new piece of wiring harness) they make a £37 charge as otherwise they won't get their money back. If I had bought the bike from them, no £37 charge.
So, a minimum 3-1/2 drive, maybe 7 hours, or £37. Which would you do?
Its a no brainer a? The shop were 8 got mine is the same distance i went to my local bike shop yesterday they said they would do the warrantt work but charge me thennid have to get it back off bosch . I will try and get hold of bosch and see what they say.. ive just had a motor changed by TREDZ but it was a nightmare it took 2 months fingers crossed it lasts now

Grugged

Apr 12, 2020
Oslo, Norway
Depends on the manufacturer. I bought my specialized turbo levo in Germany, but live in Norway. Had motor issues similar to many others. Unfortunately Specialized doesn’t have an office here so took it to a local dealer. They said they will charge me for the labour since specialized only gives them 276kr (around 25 pounds). They said they will probably end up charging me 160 pounds which I will have to pay for labour. Super shit when it is a known issue and makes me wary of buying from Specialized in the future, and means their global warranty isn’t worth the paper it is written on

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles