• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Bike uses Bafang M600 - Potential Upgrades?

RandoManz

Nov 24, 2021
Pittsburgh
Hello, I’m looking at a bike that uses a Bafang M600 motor.

I’m wondering what upgrades can be made to the bike. It seems like a throttle could be installed, as well as software could be tuned?
Larger battery would be nearly impossible I guess.
What do you think? What upgrades could be made?

Mr-EPIC-3

Feb 25, 2020
USA, So Cal
Hello, I’m looking at a bike that uses a Bafang M600 motor.

I’m wondering what upgrades can be made to the bike. It seems like a throttle could be installed, as well as software could be tuned?
Larger battery would be nearly impossible I guess.
What do you think? What upgrades could be made?

So did you end up buying the HAL eBoost M600 eMTB?
What do you like or hate about the HAL eBoost M600 eMTB?
I am looking at buying HAL eBoost M600 as a backup eMTB, I will upgrade the fork, shock and tires as tubeless setup, but eveything else stock.

RandoManz

Nov 24, 2021
Pittsburgh
So did you end up buying the HAL eBoost M600 eMTB?
What do you like or hate about the HAL eBoost M600 eMTB?
I am looking at buying HAL eBoost M600 as a backup eMTB, I will upgrade the fork, shock and tires as tubeless setup, but eveything else stock.
Never bought the bike, but I did find an aftermarket controller for it that is more powerful and likely accepts a throttle input. LunaCycle makes them. My goal was to make an extreme ebike, but the frame would impede a higher voltage battery. I decided against this one in the end, but this could be a good candidate.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles