Bike Stands.

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
What are you guys using? Thinking of the small ones that just lift the rear wheel off the floor for setting up gears and oiling chain.
also if you’ve got work stands where are you clamping the bike. Not overly keen on clamping the seat post with all that weight hanging off it. Any pics or advice greatly accepted ?

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
Think about it this way, you weigh more than the bike does and you put that on the post constantly. It will take it easily
Yes but you don’t put all your weight in the same direction as hanging a bike from it if you see what I mean. the loads are going in a completely different direction.
EDIT:
just watched the park tool vid about clamping seat posts! Seems my fears are unfounded ?

Last edited:

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
Last edited:

Fatbap

Feb 15, 2020
Rhondda south wales
I just made a stand for bike as my normal bike stand is not happy with the weight on the decoy so a couple of hrs n job done. If u know someone who can weld an fabricate it ain’t that hard. I just used stuff I had on the shelf it ain’t perfect but works very well
IMG_2932.jpg
IMG_2931.jpg
IMG_2930.jpg
IMG_2929.jpg
IMG_2919.jpg

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
Think about it this way, you weigh more than the bike does and you put that on the post constantly. It will take it easily
Wrong. You are exerting force down when you go over bumps. Holding your bike by the dropper post creates upforce and creates a vacume.. damaging the seals.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles