Bike Stand update

• Thread starter Deleted member 2899
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2899

After weeks of researching and generally being indecisive I have at last bought a Park Tools PCS 10.2. I tried several stands including the original PCS 9 and 10. This stand is more stable than both of those because, I believe, it has longer legs and additional supports. It holds my 24.4kg bike without any issues whatsoever and feels very stable. Its quite heavy and big so although I can store it in the car if portability is a major requirement there may be better stands but I'm sure they will not offer the same level of support. All in all and for my requirements this stand is superb and exactly what I need.

Alan

D

Deleted member 2899

I did a lot of research and was able to try numerous stands. The Park Tools PCS 10 stood out head and shoulders above the rest for stability and the 10.2 is even better so it was a pleasant surprise when that was what arrived.

D

Deleted member 2899

I didn't get a chance to try that one but to be honest it was a little on the expensive side for what I needed. I got the 10.2 for £170.00 probably because I had spent so much already at that shop:)

AML

Mar 12, 2019
USA - Virginia
One of the retailers here has it for 20% off the regular price. I may go for it although the 10.2 probably would be just fine.

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
Any updated thoughts on repair stands? 10.2 is apporx 200 euros and PRS-25 ~190euros more.

How about Pro-Elite from Feedback sports? I'm thinking if the legs are a bit better on Parktool as they are not so on the way.

MadsB

May 15, 2020
London
I’ve got this one which is slightly cheaper and is rock solid.

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
I got the 10.2, very sturdy using it with my Focus jam, I just lift it hang by the cross bar and tighten the clamp.
Its very easy to use, but being big needs a bit of room to store.

IMG_1048.jpeg

OldGoatMTB

E*POWAH Master
Mar 24, 2020
To me it's all about the clamp. I bought a stand which requires you to turn a screw to attach to bike, a real pain in the arse. If I ever buy another one it will have a quick release.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
After weeks of researching and generally being indecisive I have at last bought a Park Tools PCS 10.2. I tried several stands including the original PCS 9 and 10. This stand is more stable than both of those because, I believe, it has longer legs and additional supports. It holds my 24.4kg bike without any issues whatsoever and feels very stable. Its quite heavy and big so although I can store it in the car if portability is a major requirement there may be better stands but I'm sure they will not offer the same level of support. All in all and for my requirements this stand is superb and exactly what I need.

Alan

I also have a Park Tools PCS 10.2 and think it is very good but very expensive.

I have the jaws open parallel to the ground, then lift up the bike by the top tube and rest it on the lower jaw.

It is then easy to hold the bike steady with one hand whilst operating the quick release mechanism and screw to tighten it with the other hand.

It is very expensive but is very well made and should last a lifetime, so was a good investment.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles