Bike stand for EMTB

• Thread starter Deleted member 2899
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2899

Have a pcs9 and it's fine. Hardest thing is trying to hold the bike one handed to tighten it up.
That's exactly why it would not be fine for me and the issue I am trying to grapple with. The Feedback Elite stand has a quick release system which should in theory help.

Reactions: Bis

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I know this is a bit specific, but if you have a pcs9 and fox transfer. I've recently found that the curves on the clamp match the screws on the seat post. So I can lift the bike with two hands, rest on top of clamp, then tighten up (with seat dropped). No one hand holding up 20+kgs. No sideways movement either, nor clamping on dropper. I'll take some pics when I do it next.

SwissDH

Mar 5, 2019
Switzerland
Hi Fjmcustombikestands,

Had a quick look on FB and it looks a great solution. Couldn't see a link to actually buy it. How can I get hold of one?

mark1a

Mar 11, 2019
Dorset, UK
In the meantime, for a work stand, I'm have taken an old set of road bike bars and clamped them into my Park Tool PCS-10, seems to be stable enough.

IMG_0091.jpg

Fjmcustombikestands

Feb 1, 2019
Somerset
@Fjmcustombikestands Do you know how your stand would work with a 2019 Levo Comp, with Praxis crankset? Would one have to remove the 8mm hex nuts?

Hi there

The stand is designed to work with hollow cranks so it works with the crank arm bolts that are hollow (you can see through one side out the other) if you have these then the stand will simply slide through and fit fine. If either side of the crank bolts are solid then it won’t work. I am led to believe that you can buy aftermarket hollow bolts? Not 100% sure though.

SwissDH

Mar 5, 2019
Switzerland
I really like those FJM stands, and think they look great. However, as I live outside the UK, I picked up the Feedbacksports Scorpion. It is similar to the FJM one, it folds flat, has multiple axle adapters) but is much cheaper (at least where I live).

Vandazler

Apr 17, 2019
Bolton,UK
Feedback sports machanic does the job for me, but I have to hold it whilst clamping which ain’t easy, but once up solid as a rock.
6B3D9F5B-D9DE-4408-A6C1-33470449C97C.jpeg

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
You don’t have to overthink it. I’m using a Lidl workstand (just like Sam Pilgrim) for years and it holds my ebike by the seatpost without any issues. Why would it be risky? If it can support my 85kg sitting on it then the 22kg bike will not damage it... but I usually remove the battery so it’s just 19,5kg.

But would holding the bike (my haibike weights 26k) by the dropper post damage the dropper?

Labrador29

Jun 24, 2019
Marlborough New Zealand
Some good ideas but not very portable I'm afraid and that was one of the requirements I mentioned. After some research I've come to the conclusion that the bike repair stand business has not yet caught up with e mountain bikes. I've been advised by professional bike mechanics not to clamp the bike using the frame. I have a dropper seat post fitted so that's not such a good idea either. I've got my local shop experimenting with a Feedback Sprint, which is better for the centre of gravity/weight but it doesn't look as though it will be suitable and it's very expensive by the time you've bought the additional parts required to accommodate the through axle.
Clamping by the dropper seat is fine
Some good ideas but not very portable I'm afraid and that was one of the requirements I mentioned. After some research I've come to the conclusion that the bike repair stand business has not yet caught up with e mountain bikes. I've been advised by professional bike mechanics not to clamp the bike using the frame. I have a dropper seat post fitted so that's not such a good idea either. I've got my local shop experimenting with a Feedback Sprint, which is better for the centre of gravity/weight but it doesn't look as though it will be suitable and it's very expensive by the time you've bought the additional parts required to accommodate the through axle.
Clamping by the dropper post is fine as long as you follow the rules. Extend the dropper post to its maximum. Wipe the dropper post so the surface is clean. Wipe the jaws of the clamp, making sure there are no foreign particles embedded in the clamp jaws.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles