Bike Scene 'flap' is perfect!

Mathias Levo

Nov 2, 2018
Colchester
A huge thanks to the guys at Bike Scene for sending me down one of their 'Flaps'to cover up the gapping hole in the motor cover on the 2019 Levo! It's the perfect solution to the problem! I honestly can't see that anything else will work as well as it does. I ran it in conjunction with a upside down mudhugger but what I've found is as the suspension moves the mud creeps under the guard so it is probably helping against stones chips etc but debatable as a souloution to stoping crud getting in the casing, not that it matters anyways as I had the Flap fitted!

IMG_5070.JPG
IMG_5071.JPG
I can highly recommend!

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho
A huge thanks to the guys at Bike Scene for sending me down one of their 'Flaps'to cover up the gapping hole in the motor cover on the 2019 Levo! It's the perfect solution to the problem! I honestly can't see that anything else will work as well as it does. I ran it in conjunction with a upside down mudhugger but what I've found is as the suspension moves the mud creeps under the guard so it is probably helping against stones chips etc but debatable as a souloution to stoping crud getting in the casing, not that it matters anyways as I had the Flap fitted!

View attachment 8592 View attachment 8593 I can highly recommend!
Does Specialized pay for the product, installation and transport cost to the shop for repair? Where do you order it? Any pictures of it?

Mathias Levo

Nov 2, 2018
Colchester
No they sent it down for small fee which I covered, to be fair although it's a design flaw the motor its self isn't at risk of damage from mud and leaves being between it and the plastic casing as it's sealed and does have an IP rating. I fitted the flap for my own pease of mind, it seems silly knowing there's a gap and leaving it to fill up.. it's really easy to fit as it utilises two bolts that are already there, just take the rear wheel out and it allows you full accses, it couldn't be easier. One word of advise, take the bolts out one at a time. undo a bolt, put it through the hole in the flap and do it back up finger tight, then swing it to the side and unscrew the other then re fit the second bolt with the flap in place, then tighten both bolts up. Call bike scense and ask for the 2019 flap, they will send you one down ? Well worth it!

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho
No they sent it down for small fee which I covered, to be fair although it's a design flaw the motor its self isn't at risk of damage from mud and leaves being between it and the plastic casing as it's sealed and does have an IP rating. I fitted the flap for my own pease of mind, it seems silly knowing there's a gap and leaving it to fill up.. it's really easy to fit as it utilises two bolts that are already there, just take the rear wheel out and it allows you full accses, it couldn't be easier. One word of advise, take the bolts out one at a time. undo a bolt, put it through the hole in the flap and do it back up finger tight, then swing it to the side and unscrew the other then re fit the second bolt with the flap in place, then tighten both bolts up. Call bike scense and ask for the 2019 flap, they will send you one down ? Well worth it!

Thanks. Does bikes scene have a website? Is it listed in there? Is this better than simply tapeing a flap over it?

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles