Bike Data on Garmin Edge

Wheelie_King

The Spirit Level ?️
Sep 28, 2019
Lancashire (Fylde Coast)
Hi Folks!
Collected my new Levo today, so a great day so far!!
I’m aware of Blevo for rich data, but have an Edge 1030 already that will suit me better.
I’m interested in pulling in cadence and other data off the bike, straight into the Garmin. The existence of the couple of apps/data fields via Garmin IQ for just basic battery and mode info suggest this isn’t possible?
Is this lack of easily available data down to Specialized (prob not as Blevo can access it) or is it a Garmin limitation?
Would be ace to just pair the bike to the Edge and select what I want to see!!
Cheers!

Murch

Aug 9, 2019
United States
Turn on your levo and have your edge by it and then add sensors. You will see you can add power, speed, and cadence sensors. Once you add those sensors you will see the data fields.

Wheelie_King

The Spirit Level ?️
Sep 28, 2019
Lancashire (Fylde Coast)
So, direct pairing Garmin to Levo, it's discovered cadence, speed and power only. Is that inline with other's experience?
The power seems very erratic, even on 3s average?

Murch

Aug 9, 2019
United States
To be honest I really don't monitor the power when I ride and just look at it after the ride is over. Also, the power you are seeing is how much power you are putting into the pedals and not how much power the motor is putting out.

Murch

Aug 9, 2019
United States
Here is what my 830 main screen looks like. I could get ride data as I am recovering from some bruised ribs from a crash.

ebike field.jpg

57 Reaction

May 27, 2019
United Kingdom
Power readings on my Edge 1030 are very reliable - with TCU firmware 1A.B.0
I have got the EBike field on my Edge 520 (as you suggested - thanks) and have got all the data fields showing up.

The Garmin keeps asking to "calibrate power reading" each time I try it starts to calibrate and then shows "calibration failed".

The readings actually look sensible, should I just forget calibrating or is it worth sorting it out ?

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
One cannot calibrate the power-readings for ebikes. It‘s an option for power-cranks.
If I remember well, you can deactivate the calibration-message.
(Have to look at my 1030)
Anyway - I don‘t get such a message.

57 Reaction

May 27, 2019
United Kingdom
One cannot calibrate the power-readings for ebikes. It‘s an option for power-cranks.
If I remember well, you can deactivate the calibration-message.
(Have to look at my 1030)
Anyway - I don‘t get such a message.
Ok thanks.

BTW EBike field is great with Battery level/Assist level displayed. so much better than the Spesh version.

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
To deactivate the calibration-message:
-turn on your Levo
-turn on your Edge
-goto sensors, tap on power-sensor (must be connected!)
-tap on sensor-information
-disable calibration-message

RipTide

Sep 2, 2019
California
Question: Are you using the in the items mouthain bike bundle? Seems like the sensor is not needed (just use the one on the Turbo Levo), but are the mtb mount (is this stronger or a different "required" size for mtb handlebars) or extra buttons used? I already have a Garmin HR, so my choices are the base unit or the mtb bundle. Looking to learn from your experiences.

Murch

Aug 9, 2019
United States
I just bought the unit since I already have a HR monitor and the bike provides the rest of the sensors. The MTB mount looks good but I already had a barfly mount so it wasn't worth it to me.

Wheelie_King

The Spirit Level ?️
Sep 28, 2019
Lancashire (Fylde Coast)
Power readings on my Edge 1030 are very reliable - with TCU firmware 1A.B.0
I'm used to power coming in on my road bike via a Stages power crank. I tried again yesterday on Levo, and the power numbers were all over the place - 100W to 1500W? It's a data field I'd like to use so I'm interested to figure this out.

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
What firmware shows Mission Control for your TCU (Display)?
Should be 1A.B.0 to show reasonable numbers for power.

Wheelie_King

The Spirit Level ?️
Sep 28, 2019
Lancashire (Fylde Coast)
I think the dilemma now is, how much do i want power data stats Vs a slight top-end speed increase via the BLEvo app?
I'm not talking about going beyond what would be standard on a US Levo (20mph), but from first impressions of the bike, the cutoff at 15.5 is quite low.
People in other threads have talked about how much better the firmware is in versions newer than mine.
First-world problems hey!!

Murch

Aug 9, 2019
United States
That 15.5 limit is really bad and to be honest, if it was that way here in the US I would not have bought an e-bike. I have run into a few times where even the 20 mph limit feels low when trying to maintain speed between trail features so I can clear a jump is hard as I get use to the assist and then it is gone when I hit 19.8 mph and I find I am in the wrong gear.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles