Bike computer?

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
Hi, I've just bought a Trance e+2 and would like some sort of speed and distance readout. Normally I put a fairly minimalist speedo on my manual bikes (do we call them "manual" now?) but I am aware the E+ can do so much more via Bluetooth. I've seen you can get the two different displays from Giant but they are way more expensive than I am prepared to pay just to see my speed and distance. So what does everyone else use? I could put an old Android phone on my handle bars but I'm not sure I want that size display and the battery life will probably be bad (plus I'm a little reckless and usually crash a lot!). Is there another aftermarket solution? Otherwise it will just be a cheap and cheerful wired speedo on the front again.

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
Hey welcome aboard the boards. Ive got a new Trance 2 was well. LOL, im just using my old Topeak computer to log miles & speed (not connected to the Trances E-system)

Cheers, Joe :coffee:

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
Welcome to the Giant group pal.
I only use the Giant app.
Not fussed about looking at my speed as I’m riding along , usually concentrating on staying upright. I check my phone at intervals for mileage , elevation and average speed.

I find the GIANT app reliable ??

C6EB32EF-9510-47C0-8373-73175BC03937.png

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
Hmm, I do like to nerd out with the stats afterwards, but I also like to see realtime speed. Can I use the app afterwards or does it need to stay connected all the time? I guess it runs in the background on your phone? In which case perhaps a handle bar simple one and a phone in my backpack

Softsand

Dec 5, 2019
Western Australia
Because I was concerned about phone battery life, I got a Bryton Rider 15. Excellent - I wanted to see my cadence, speed and distance mainly but this has GPS recording and its pretty easy to get the data uploaded to Strava. Uses the inbuilt sensors in my 2020 which was cool.

Oh, I and I now refer to the manual bikes as "analog" which seems to get a smile...

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
I must admit, now I'm not "doing all the work" I tend not to pay much attention to the speedo anymore.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles