Best wheels for aggressive eMTB riding?

Matthew87

Aug 8, 2019
Sweden
Hi

I'm looking for tips on the best eMTB specific wheels out there. I'm riding very hard, so need something that can take a beating. Please share your thoughts :)

/M

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
DT Swiss H1700 or 1900 depending on your budget, I'm not seeing anything to make the H1501's worth so much more... Though no doubt they are lovely wheels.

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
If I was getting new wheels I would probably get them hand built - Spank Oozy 395+ rims, DT spokes and hubs, Cushcore both ends. Had similar on my last bike, really good.

Matthew87

Aug 8, 2019
Sweden
If I was getting new wheels I would probably get them hand built - Spank Oozy 395+ rims, DT spokes and hubs, Cushcore both ends. Had similar on my last bike, really good.

Any reason going with Oozy 395 instead of 350 Vibrocore?
Can you build the Hybrid Hubs with the thicker spokes with a regular rim?

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
Any reason going with Oozy 395 instead of 350 Vibrocore?
Can you build the Hybrid Hubs with the thicker spokes with a regular rim?
I'd like the extra width in the 395's plus the CushCores and resulting lower pressures take some buzz out of the ride, not that vibration has bothered me in the past. Don't know about hub/spokes/rim compatibility, but doubt it would be an issue.

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
I'd like the extra width in the 395's plus the CushCores and resulting lower pressures take some buzz out of the ride, not that vibration has bothered me in the past. Don't know about hub/spokes/rim compatibility, but doubt it would be an issue.
What ate your thoughts'experience with the spank hubs? Got a chance to get a couple of spike cheap sets here.

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
DT Swiss HX1501 are awesome wheels and you can get them at lower prices than the RRP. Paid £780 for mine which are the 30mm wide rims no regrets at all super stiff and no where near as heavy as you might expect. Bomb proof as they say.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles