• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

Best way to derestrict version 4.07 without downgrading

Peterg

Apr 26, 2019
Uk
Looking at a "chip" that can be used with shimanos latest v4.07 software, as I am having difficulty in downgrading using steps unlocked.

Peterg

Apr 26, 2019
Uk
downgrade is not difficult ??‍♂️I had never any issues. Android and iOS no problem...
I've been trying to follow the steps unlocked tutorial, but not having any luck. Can't see a .dat file that I am supposed to copy over from PC to phone!!!

basti_melli04

Jun 26, 2019
Germany
Look at stepsunlocker.com ...You can download for win and Android files....You can go with your phone online to stepsunlocker and download direct to your phone....you need E-TUBE app to downgrade. Start E-TUBE and go out....look in your phone where is the Firmware folder and replace the Firmware dat. Now you must start E-TUBE without internet and update...read at stepsunlocker it’s not very complicated... Hope I can help a little bit and sorry for my English..

basti_melli04

Jun 26, 2019
Germany
look here on your phone must be the Firmware: Android / data / com.shimano.etubeprojectmobile.droid.phone / files / FW /

You can search with data Manager of your phone

Reactions: PGR

basti_melli04

Jun 26, 2019
Germany
1. Download E-TUBE and start for 1min (Android) and go out!
2. Download the file on stepsunlocker for Android (is a zip file ) unzip!
3. Search for the folder in your phone ( look other post of me)
4.replace the dat. files ( 4 files)
5. Start E-TUBE without internet connection and update

SEBA

Sep 11, 2019
French Provence High Alps
1. Download E-TUBE and start for 1min (Android) and go out!
2. Download the file on stepsunlocker for Android (is a zip file ) unzip!
3. Search for the folder in your phone ( look other post of me)
4.replace the dat. files ( 4 files)
5. Start E-TUBE without internet connection and update

I already have eTube installed.
Do I uninstall it ?
Do I erase all files in FW folder ?
Do I uninstall AND delete all files in FW folder ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles