• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Best small / mini pump

bissona

Patreon
Oct 14, 2018
Guernsey
Morning all,

Any recommendations on a small-ish pump to take along on trails? My current one is incredibly inefficient (only pumps in one direction, leaks like a sieve), and 2.8 tyres require a fair amount of work to get them inflated. Have been looking at some micro pumps but they're definitely angled towards road tyres with mirco volumes.

Doesn't have to be frame mountable, more likely to go in the pack anyway.

Cheers.

LeonLevo

Jul 31, 2018
Belgium
I have tried many pumps in the last years, but the only one that really works on the trails is the Lezyne Micro Floor Drive series. I had the 'regular' high volume one for years, but now bought the black XL version for the 2.8 tires.

Lezyne - Engineered Design - Products - Hand Pumps

They are not small/light, so you always need a back pack. But they really work and keep on working also when muddy and cold. Screw on hose to valve, so perfect connection and both hands free to use the pump. Really recommend these!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
No idea what's "best" but Topeak Mountain morphs are fine.
similar in performance/function to the leyze but cheaper and with a better valve head design

TBH nothing small is going to be anything other than a massive PITA with 2.8" tyres. But if you rarely ever need it fair enough/

smallest decent solution is still CO2 carts and a head IMO
I have a couple of mini tools that incorporate CO2 heads making it an even smaller solution.

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
I have tried many pumps in the last years, but the only one that really works on the trails is the Lezyne Micro Floor Drive series. I had the 'regular' high volume one for years, but now bought the black XL version for the 2.8 tires.

Lezyne - Engineered Design - Products - Hand Pumps

They are not small/light, so you always need a back pack. But they really work and keep on working also when muddy and cold. Screw on hose to valve, so perfect connection and both hands free to use the pump. Really recommend these!

I've also ended up with a Lezyne Micro Floor Digital Drive HVG - and can agree they are really excellent!

The digital gauge makes it much easier to reproduce exactly the same pressure you've used before. The only downside is if you stuff too much into your backpack and something is pressed against the button to turn the digital gauge on, then it will run the battery down ... If there is no battery you can't read the pressure, but it still works as a pump :)

bissona

Patreon
Oct 14, 2018
Guernsey
Thanks very much all for the great advice. Found the Lezyne Micro Floor (non-XL) for just over £20, and the weight (200g) dimensions (300mm) and quality were exactly what I was looking for.

Will also pack a cartridge for the initial post-repair inflation (or if arms are knackered!).

Thanks again all, sound advice. :D

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles