Best eOne-Sixty 900e Size for 5'11" (180cm) rider?

Antz26

Feb 12, 2019
Manchester
Hi, thinking of buying a Merida and interested in what size bikes people are riding at my height. I do like bikes on the smaller size but struggling to decide between Large and Medium. Would appreciate your personal experience and height etc? Thanks

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
Hi, I'm 5.10".

I normally ride size large bike.
My current (e) bike is a sommet vr size large.
Today I rented a Merida 160 600 size large and it felt quite a bit smaller than the sommet, mainly due to what I felt was a shorter reach.
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be comfortable on a medium, not when it came to sitting down anyway!
Hope this helps :)
Frank

mxh

Aug 27, 2018
Australia
I'm 5'10 and ride a large - but I prefer bikes on the larger side rather than smaller. So if you prefer bikes on the smaller side I'd suggest a medium would be the best choice.

But why not try and get a demo on both?

Antz26

Feb 12, 2019
Manchester
Im 178cm on a Large e160 , feels pretty good to me even in comparison to my last bike which was a Medium Giant Trance.
HI mate, thanks for the reply, and yes my last bike was a Giant trance too in medium, just measured myself again and with no shoes on I am actually 180cm so 5'11". I may go to try them out again to make sure, thanks!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Hi,
apart from preference for a smaller or larger bike I think your own body shape as opposed to just your height is relevant. I am 184 so a bit taller than you but I have long legs and a comparatively short upper body so I find a bike with shorter reach always suits me better and of course Reach tends to get longer as bike size increases. My inside leg is 86. I currently ride a Levo in large. I tried a 160 and large suited me well on that bike as well.

I am 185cm, riding an XL 900e, very happy and comfortable on the X large chassis. I went this way a few years ago after borrowing an xl giant trance and realising i preferred it to my L. Its a bit trickier in tight stuff but more stable on the fast downhill stuff. I feel its more comfortable for longer rides too.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles