Best brake pads for rail 7

PJ27

Jan 8, 2020
Gosford, NSW
Hi any recommendations on brake pads will be fitting new ones soon

Hey MsO, I will be doing the same very soon, so very interested in any recommendations from the forum.

I have read on EMTB Forums, that Gorilla Pads are good and great pricing - Shimano BR-MT520 - D02S Brake 4 Piston Multi compound disc brake pads Shimano BR-MT520 - D02S Brake 4 Piston Multi compound disc brake pads

BrentD

Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
Trickstuff Power pads are excellent and not too badly priced at EUR 20 a pair. Transformed my Guide RS brakes on my Enduro from being barely adequate to nice and powerful.

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Anyone have an update on how these pads perform? The last time I had Shimano brakes, I went through pads fairly quickly, hopefully Gorillas last longer. I've been running Hopes on my accoustic, pads last for ages, but now with the Rail I'm back to Shimano for the meantime

PJ27

Jan 8, 2020
Gosford, NSW
Anyone have an update on how these pads perform? The last time I had Shimano brakes, I went through pads fairly quickly, hopefully Gorillas last longer. I've been running Hopes on my accoustic, pads last for ages, but now with the Rail I'm back to Shimano for the meantime

Hey Philly, no update yet, still waiting for mine to arrive. Will post when arrive, fitted and riden

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
How are you guys finding your brakes on your 7s. Mine are ok, they work well however on longer steep descents I get that strange feeling that they may give out. They probably wouldn't, but you know, once that thought gets planted in your head...
I'm hopeful some new pads would give a bit more reassurance.

1981Miked

Jun 14, 2020
Dundee
Have you tried bleeding them if they feel a bit dodgy? I had to bleed mine after a few rides as they just weren’t bedding in properly. Feel much better now, although I did experience brake fade a few weeks ago on a long descent.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles