Bent crank arm! Need replacement ASAP. What are my options?

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
upppss.jpg

Got a little carried away yesterday and now have a bent crank arm #NoRegrets

It's not clear to me what replacement arms are compatible with my Giant Trance so I'm asking all you internet experts.

Was looking at these: Aeffect e-Bike Crank Arm

Will they fit????

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
My bike came with 175, after 2 months i moved for 165. Here it makes a big improvement.

It should be noted that red is presently looking for even shorter cranks to try.

There are quite a few threads on here about people putting shorter cranks on their emtb's. There's also lots of theoretical views on why it would be worse .. I put 150's on my Shimano and its' great. Seems faster uphill and downhill ..

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
excuse the personal question but how tall are you? Did you notice a drop in power output?
I am 61 YO. now 5 11 with 34.5 inseems. I noticed 1 thing, less strikes wich is safer. The side effect is more flow. We adapt maybe i use different gears but who cares. I still have a good position sitting or not. Usualy shorter is better to climb, less dead spot, but i was OK so no improvement. Less power is a myth. The transmission does the job, it happens naturally. I understand 175 for road, not mountain. If mountain was first 175 would not be an option, it was imported.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles