Bell super dh ?

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
I’ve been looking at the model’s with DH certification, like the Bell Super DH, Leatt dbx 3.0 & Met parachute MCR
The newer lighter weight & well ventilated full face helmets like the fox proframe are also well worth checking out too, depending on how often you plan to need FF protection.
What is really the decider though, is which one fits your head

Last edited:

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
I am very pleased I got this helmet for use on all types of terrain, from road riding to forest roads and singletrack, etc. :

I posted this review on a recent thread:

Since March I have had the new MET Parachute MCR, and this is the review of it I wrote recently :

"It is very easy and quick to put on and take off due to the magnetic strap buckle, and the magnetic chin bar system.

It is extremely comfortable (as long as you buy the correct size and fit the correct size of check pad to fit your face), and has plenty of ventilation so it stays cool.

After a couple of minutes I almost forget I am wearing it!

What the adverts and professional reviews do not point out is that for older people with glasses and hearing aids, this helmet is extremely easy to put on and take off with these in place. In fact this is the reason I replaced my previous Met Parachute (fixed chin bar).

It is also easy to take glasses off to clean, and replace them without removing the helmet (which was difficult on my previous helmet.

The reasons for these significant improvements in convenience is that you can put on the helmet first, then the chin bar, and also the fact that there is a little bit more room between the helmet and your temples and ears than in previous models.

The only downside is the very high price, but that is probably justifiable for the high level of comfort and protection it gives you (look at the safety standards it passes compared to any other similar helmets)."

I would add that I always wear the chinbar, even on the roads, as it is so comfortable and protective, but for the reasons given above, the removable chin bar is essential to putting the helmet on and taking it off easily.

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
I’ve been looking at the model’s with DH certification, like the Bell Super DH, Leatt dbx 3.0 & met parachute mcr (& the more bargainous 2018 version).
The newer lighter weight & well ventilated full face helmets like the fox proframe are also well worth checking out too, depending on how often you plan to need FF protection
Im looking at the same helmet. I have the Bell Super 3R but Id like the Super DH.
just dont think the 3r looks as good

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
Been on the Super 3R now for 2 months. What a nicely built & comfortable helmet!

That Super DH is too much helmet for me but if youre doing some legit downhill then it would be proper for ya!

kntr

Sep 19, 2019
USA
If anyone in the USA wants a Bell 3R for cheap let me know. I have a like new large for sale.

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
Opps that was the one I missed from my original list.. you doing better than me, I've yet to order anything...

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
Giro no fitto ? 2 small just ordered nxt size up £400 in helmets £65 in a coat whats 2 small think i need to shed sum pie ?

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
Blade mk 2 come to day amozon prime nxt day ?? Fits like a glove ??

5122026A-16DE-4A7A-9232-6BFB4DC3A85D.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles