Battery problem after charging.

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
Hi all, after a ride last week I washed my bike (with a a garden hose on low & with the head on a gentle sprinkle) I powered it afterwards & rode it around the block to dry the bike off, my battery showed 3 bars. I turned the bike on last night & it still showed 3 bars, all good. As I was due to ride this morning I removed the battery & charged it for a couple of hours, I removed it when all bars were green & put it back on the bike ready for this morning. Well this morning I turned the bike on & it was showing that the battery was empty, strange, so i removed it & put it back on charge, nothing, just a flashing charger & I now can't even turn the battery or system on :eek:

Any ideas? Please :cry:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Probably won't do anything, but you could try pressing and holding down the battery power on button for 20 seconds to try a reset. (this would be the grasping at straws solution).

Check where your battery connects on the bike that nothings shorting the connectors.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Clean the charging plug on the battery with contact cleaner. Sounds like it is not making a good connection with either the bike or the charger and the plug is the common factor.

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
Thanks chaps, I've tried both of the above with no joy. My thinking is it must be a battery problem as the battery was at 3 bars & showed 5 last night & now nothing.

Cheers.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Put it somewhere warm for a couple of hours.....if water has got into the battery maybe it will dry out.

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
Guys I appreciate the replies but this is in the Shimano section for a reason & if you read the thread then you would know that the bike was fine after being washed & only after charging it the problem occurred.
Cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles