Battery mount broken

PeterM

Mar 13, 2019
New Zealand
Hi first time posting, I have dredged up some good info off here since i bought my eone-sixty 800. Took a mean crash the other day which cracked my lower battery mount. I didn't notice until I got home so the bike still works fine. Looking for a replacement part now. Not the best photo but the cracking goes all the way around to the other side.
I could glue it up but concerned about water getting in there.
Any suggestions?

20190401_073756.jpg

PeterM

Mar 13, 2019
New Zealand
Water gets in there anyway, its effectively a locator piece for ensuring the battery sits correctly, if you open it up the wires to the motor are in waterproof covers/sleeves, not sure of the technical term!

You can buy a replacement of the whole mounting system:

Shimano STePS BM-E8010 Battery Mount for external Frame Mounting - black

Not sure if you can buy just the bottom plate

Yea i have been having a look and came to the same conclusion. I have some pretty good two part glue which I'll slap on and see how it goes for now.
As long as the batt isn't gonna move around we should be sweet.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yes I don't think it is doing anything important enough that you need to replace it

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
You can buy the battery mount as a separate kit , you need to buy The correct cable length , but that’s easy to estimate , I think your would use the shortest cable .
The cable inside the mount is in a sealed block so water isn’t a great concern . You could use an mtb strap on type around the battery and frame as a temporary measure to keep the battery extra secure .

PeterM

Mar 13, 2019
New Zealand
You can buy the battery mount as a separate kit , you need to buy The correct cable length , but that’s easy to estimate , I think your would use the shortest cable .
The cable inside the mount is in a sealed block so water isn’t a great concern . You could use an mtb strap on type around the battery and frame as a temporary measure to keep the battery extra secure .
Good idea

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles