Battery lock won't open

David0208

Mar 30, 2019
United Kingdom
As the title says ....

So went biking in Kinlochleven on Saturday and I kept getting an error code on the way down. I just had to reset and away I went, but the ride was juddery.

At the bottom a few of the boys had a look and suggested Iremove the battery and then put it back in. However I could only get the key part way in the lock so couldn't get the battery out. Turned out the the problem was the magnet at the rear wheel had spun round so was reset and problem solved.

But I still had the problem with the lock and battery. Got it back to the car park and with some wd40 and persistence we managed to get the lock and key working again.

Got home yesterday and went to put the battery on charge and now can't get key in at all. Went through the same process and got the key but it just wont turn the barrel at all.

Anyone had this problem before? Any ideas?

Cheers

pollywaffle

May 4, 2019
cairns
yeah mine is a pita as well. i have to be very patient as i always take the battery out for charging and keep it stored inside. i tried wd40 but i still have to jiggle the key a fair bit to get it to comply.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles