Battery help on Vitus e-sommet

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Hi guys I did a software update via the e-tube app on my iPhone. Since then the battery symbol on the bars goes down faster than the battery bars themselves. At one point on yesterday’s ride had 1bar on the display & 3 bars left on the battery. Any ideas?
Thanks

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
You sometimes find that the battery indicator on the display and the battery itself will differ.

My understanding of this is because the display is showing predicted battery life less based on the usage data the systems has gathered since you turned the bike on (i.e it is analysing the power usage of your ride), whereas that battery indicator is just showing remaining capacity (be aware the lights on the battery don't go off at linear intervals, you will often find you use 2 bars over a long period then suddenly go down to 3 then 2).

Quite often if you turn the bike off, then on again the battery levels will sync up again.

I haven't heard of a 2 bar discrepancy before - sometimes there are software updates to the battery as well, maybe this needs to be done?

Also if a bike is derestricted it can sometimes play tricks with the display info.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Thanks for the info. No it’s not de-restricted & only couple of months old. If turn off & on they don’t sync up again. Also notice range might be 30km then 5min later still in Eco 35km.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Must be something to do with the update then - are you able to go out on a ride and drain the battery, to see which is accurate?

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I charged it up last night & went out for a ride today, not flattened the battery still 1bar difference 3 on battery & 2 on display also noticed when synced the app showed 2 bars on the app battery life

Tuplis

Mar 16, 2019
Finland
Mine does turn itself off according to display battery level.

Edit: Two bars can be still in battery when display has zero bars/range

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles