Battery error from Trance?

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
I'm getting a battery error from my brand new trance. Lighting indicator is flashing red and LED 1 is blinking. Didn't call the dealer yet, figured I stop here first.

Here is the blurb from the manual:

5.4 RideControle ONE
In case of a system error, the RideControl ONE display can show various error messages. Lighting
indicator (H) will flash, accompanied by one of the error code indicators (L) that double as power assist
indicators). Switching off and on will reset the system in most cases. If so, continuing a bike ride is no
problem. Contact a dealer for final test results via Service Tool.
Note: LEDs are numbered from bottom to top.
• LED 5: Heat issue
• LED 4: not applicable
• LED 3: Speed sensor issue
• LED 2: Motor issues
• LED 1: battery issues

Any suggestions for me?

Dorismorris

Nov 8, 2018
Llandod
Some people have been having trouble with these bikes and they always seem to be with the figment of the battery and have been sorted with some sort of adjustment

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
Some people have been having trouble with these bikes and they always seem to be with the figment of the battery and have been sorted with some sort of adjustment

Thanks! I did get some tamper-resistant torque bits. I'll play with that adjustment a bit more...

poppy

Jun 26, 2018
Gold Coast Queensland
The only time i have seen a red light on my switch was when i had used all the battery.

20181208_160730.jpg

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
@ottoshape did you figure out what was the issue? I have error with #1 blinking red indicating battery issue.

No I did not. The Trance went back to Giant once this issue appeared. I did not want a finicky high $$$ training tool, I needed dependable... Went with a Fezzari Wire Peak Pro.

Last edited:

Yielar

Apr 14, 2019
Kelowna, BC
No I did not. The Trance went back to Giant once this issues appeared. I did not want a finicky high $$$ training tool, I needed dependable... Went with a Fezzari Wire Peak Pro.

Risky move in my opinion as Fezzari is direct to customer. I'd much rather have a Giant SX Pro with their warranty and my local bike shop support. To each their own

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
Risky move in my opinion as Fezzari is direct to customer. I'd much rather have a Giant SX Pro with their warranty and my local bike shop support.

Unlike the UK and most of Europe, the shops in my area and most of the US know little or nothing about eMTBs. I gain nothing by patronizing the LBS, except I get to enjoy a 2 hour car ride to have them tell me nothing. I can wrench on all things mechanical. Computers along with basic electricity are easy for me. Why do I need the LBS?

Yielar

Apr 14, 2019
Kelowna, BC
Unlike the UK and most of Europe, the shops in my area and most of the US know little or nothing about eMTBs. I gain nothing by patronizing the LBS, except I get to enjoy a 2 hour car ride to have them tell me nothing. I can wrench on all things mechanical. Computers along with basic electricity are easy for me. Why do I need the LBS?

Sounds like you know everything so no need for a LBS ;-0. Good luck

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
Sounds like you know everything so no need for a LBS ;-0. Good luck

Some shops in BC would be an exception to my rule of clueless. FWIW, I utilize the knowledge of the folks who built my bike when necessary and then put in some work and learn new skills. Quit harshing my buzz, bro...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles