Battery eco mode test

mtbross

Jul 22, 2019
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Guess I'll just toss it out there. The 2018 Rocky Mountain Altitude seems to get great battery life with the 500 w/hr model. But my weight, just 125 lbs, no idea about stones, is factor I'm sure. Example, did a ride of 17.3 miles tonight, with 3,422' climbing and ran the eco mode at 25% on first climb, then bumped to 30% on second half of ride; trail was at 50%. Never used turbo. Used the trail mode quite a bit on 2nd half of the ride as it was getting dark, and there were a lot of 15-17% grades. Had over 60% battery at end. Done a bunch of rides at 12 -18 miles with 1,500 to 2,000 ft climbing, and usually have about 75% remaining. Haven't gone for it to see how far I can go on one battery in eco/trail but hope to soon. My guess is should be able to do about 50 miles. Course, could really milk it by turning battery off on flats and descents.

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
Guess I'll just toss it out there. The 2018 Rocky Mountain Altitude seems to get great battery life with the 500 w/hr model. But my weight, just 125 lbs, no idea about stones, is factor I'm sure. Example, did a ride of 17.3 miles tonight, with 3,422' climbing and ran the eco mode at 25% on first climb, then bumped to 30% on second half of ride; trail was at 50%. Never used turbo. Used the trail mode quite a bit on 2nd half of the ride as it was getting dark, and there were a lot of 15-17% grades. Had over 60% battery at end. Done a bunch of rides at 12 -18 miles with 1,500 to 2,000 ft climbing, and usually have about 75% remaining. Haven't gone for it to see how far I can go on one battery in eco/trail but hope to soon. My guess is should be able to do about 50 miles. Course, could really milk it by turning battery off on flats and descents.
Obviously tires, surface etc... counts. From my readings Shimano and Specialized are focussed on selling light motors. Yamaha and RM and building motors for range and reliability but never say that it is a secret.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles