Bash Guard Reaction Hybrid Pro and Race

LeftItLancs

Apr 12, 2021
North UK
Evening,

In case anyone else might be interested, this company is now selling bash plates on eBay for the Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 2021 (625) and Race. I paid £44.15 (inc post).

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

chrisQ

Apr 22, 2021
Belgium
Evening,

In case anyone else might be interested, this company is now selling bash plates on eBay for the Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 2021 (625) and Race. I paid £44.15 (inc post).

View attachment 59307

nice. I see also available for the stereo hybrid. Does it fit over the existing plastic covers?

gavcav

May 25, 2021
Leeds
I've been looking at these...how do they attach to the motor cover? are there existing screw holes already there to enable retro fit?

Dashfield

May 11, 2021
Bristol, UK
I’ve had one of these on my Cube for two weeks and while I like the way it looks and it seems pretty solid, I’m disappointed with a couple of points.

It attaches with two long screws at one end, simply replacing the existing screws that would normally hold the guard in place with longer ones. That’s fine but after just two rides I noticed today the screws armrest starting to rust.

It’s also held on by Velcro at the back and this lasted one ride before the stickiness wore off and the Velcro wouldn’t stick in place. The guard still stays on though because the screws are pretty secure.

Having said that I hit some big rocks on my first ride and it did its job, with no damage to the plastic motor guard. Just a bit annoyed at the little things because it’s not exactly cheap.

Dashfield

May 11, 2021
Bristol, UK
I’ve had one of these on my Cube for two weeks and while I like the way it looks and it seems pretty solid, I’m disappointed with a couple of points.

It attaches with two long screws at one end, simply replacing the existing screws that would normally hold the guard in place with longer ones. That’s fine but after just two rides I noticed today the screws armrest starting to rust.

It’s also held on by Velcro at the back and this lasted one ride before the stickiness wore off and the Velcro wouldn’t stick in place. The guard still stays on though because the screws are pretty secure.

Having said that I hit some big rocks on my first ride and it did its job, with no damage to the plastic motor guard. Just a bit annoyed at the little things because it’s not exactly cheap.

I just wanted to update on my review. I’ve been in touch with the sellers about the minor issues and they’ve responded quickly. They’ve sent me new screws and sticky pads and explained that some of the guards need to be bent into the shape slightly more, which will reduce the strain on the sticky pads.

I’ll sort this over the weekend and let you know if there’s any improvements. Like I said I think the guard is good overall and will be even better if I can get these issues sorted.

LeftItLancs

Apr 12, 2021
North UK
Update from me as well. Mine was also the wrong angle and exactly the same issues as Dashfield above. They sent me replacement screws and I bought my own industrial pads after bending the guard into shape manually. It is not a perfect fit but tidy enough. The company also stated they were dealing with these 'teething' issues. Obviously not.

The company also promised to send me another guard but could not be bothered although I compromised with them and didn't send my one back and request a refund.

I'll take a few pictures and post them.

Dashfield

May 11, 2021
Bristol, UK
Did you put your sticky pads on the bottom of the motor or the back vertical bit? It was a bit unclear in the picture in the instructions but it looked like the back vertical bit. But then mine came unstuck quite quickly so I’m wondering if I’ve put them in the wrong place.

LeftItLancs

Apr 12, 2021
North UK
Originally I put the pad where they recommend. That didn't work for me because even after bending the plate, because of the angle not quite being in the right place, there was still flexing at the pad end pulling the plate out of place and so pressure which pulled the pad off the metal or the engine. So what I did is double up the pads in the same area to make them twice as thick to close the gap and added another set below on the other angle. Touchwood it has been alright so far.

If that makes sense to you lol.

Edit. I also used bottle cage bolts instead of the original black ones and although they jut out (which can't be seen) I feel more confident they won't rust or break.

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
I bought my protector a year ago for my Stereo Hybrid 140 and it came with a small bent metal clip riveted to the back end of the plate which hooks over the plastic motor cover.Strange they thought it needed for one and not the other

andyinpembs

Mar 10, 2024
Pembrokeshire
I have a Cube Reaction 750 size L 2023 frame and smashed the motor bash guard at an event on the weekend. A rock jolted up, hit the underside of the motor, there was an almighty crack and half of it seems to have sheered off. Bike runs fine but it's now missing half a Bash guard!
I have searched a lot and can't seem to find anywhere online that sells a replacement, does anyone know a dealer that does?
I wouldn't mind one of these metal guards being discussed but understand they attach to the original plastic one and mine has bust!
Thanks in advance for any help.

20240310_180702.jpg 20240310_180710.jpg 20240310_180726.jpg 20240310_180732.jpg 20240310_180726.jpg 20240310_180732.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles