Bafang M500/M600 Tuning & The BESST Tool

boom boom

Oct 20, 2023
pattaya
How are you uploading and replacing your existing controller firmware? I used BESST tool to upload revised firmware and then reboot onto the controller. I can definitely confirm their is a difference between the default 46.3 and the modified version I have posted. Both will show as 46.3 via your display.
hy upload with besst also .I will make picture later .
I never try the original 46.3 i try only you re version .

IMG20240109150328.jpg

boom boom

Oct 20, 2023
pattaya
Hi. The modified firmware drops L1 down to 15% of max and when I look at watts output on my display it shows 100w. The original 46.3 was more like the 350w you mention, hence my request to have this reduced. I also note that others who have tried this version have confirmed the lower power output at L1 & 2. I have attached another copy of the modified firmware. Hope it works for you.
Hy it show 46.3 but not fw .
Is it that one ?

Sans titre.jpg

marcelmmx

Jan 31, 2024
Slovakia
Hey everyone. I hope there will be someone who can point me in the right direction - I am looking for a firmware for my M500 (currently CRX10NC3615i142017.7). The firmware should have a very weak support on setting 1 (like 50 to 100W) and gradually increase it from there. And, of course, it should not blow up the motor at higher settings. Do any of you use or know of such a firmware?

mgx

Feb 18, 2021
Slovakia

marcelmmx

Jan 31, 2024
Slovakia
Hello @marcelmmx Firmwares for M500 are located here:

I dont use them, ask @KyokushinPL for advise, as i suppose he use them. Granular ramp on M500 is normal, its weak motor. Try to check linked firmwares, if not, swap for M600 if possible. What is type of bike?
I asked, but I don't think he is going to reply, he has not replied to questions asked more than 3 months ago. What I am looking for is a FW with low support on level 1 - about 100W instead of the 350W+ it has now.

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
I asked, but I don't think he is going to reply, he has not replied to questions asked more than 3 months ago. What I am looking for is a FW with low support on level 1 - about 100W instead of the 350W+ it has now.
Hi folks, i have been out for a while.

Unfortunately in matter of M500 and 36V we have no better firmware than 17.7 from what i heard. I have 48 version so never tested 36V.

Last edited:

Ryanlp

Oct 31, 2023
Appleton, wi
Hi everyone, fairly new here. I swapped the M510 (bought from greenbikekit) into a dengfu fat bike and am currently trying to figure out my tuning options. I installed Besst Pro 2.0.8 and the python script to login, and succeeded with that. Unfortunately, I get an invalid speed limit error every time I try to modify any settings. Greenbikekit set the motor to 45km/h and Besst Pro doesn't like that. I believe I even tried setting it down to 25km/h just to see if the error would go away, and I don't think that worked, either (though I'll have to double check). Has this been an issue for people?
So, I then installed Bafang Go+ on my phone to connect and was able to use that to change settings. Since it doesn't seem to read current settings and defaults everything to zero, I basically guessed at what I wanted. I would be fine with just using the app, but I thinks it's missing one of the parameters I saw in Besst Pro. I would really like to mess with a setting that biases output more from torque sensor values as opposed to cadence sensor. I believe I want something like max power given under low cadence but high torque - more assistance for climbing hills. I'm using this on a mountain bike and want to still get a workout but tame hills.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
When you set 25kmh it should work and will update settings.

It is Assistance level parameter. Has only M510 FC2.0 and M560. You can set up to 500% in Besst Pro. Multiplier of your leg power.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles