• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

Badass in Bosch 4 gen 1.0.3.0 ver

rymas

Jun 14, 2020
Poland
Hi,
Does anyone have Badass in a Bosch 4th generation engine software version 1.0.3.0?
Everything works without any errors/problems?

Marchordie

Aug 4, 2020
Belgium
Used the Badass 4 for 920km's without any problem and then got err 504, running with engine version 1.0.2.0 (performance line CX)
Considering update to 1.0.3.0
Any feedbacks on that combo ?

Magnum

Jul 23, 2020
Sweden
Used the Badass 4 for 920km's without any problem and then got err 504, running with engine version 1.0.2.0 (performance line CX)
Considering update to 1.0.3.0
Any feedbacks on that combo ?
For me the combo 1.0.2.0 and badassBox 4 worked for only 3 days with the same motor as you. With the latest firmware 1.1.0.0 (85nM) the same combo worked for 2 weeks of daily riding before 504 error. Not sure if it's the dongle that is triggering the error, or if it's something else. I'm now trying out Volspeed v.3 instead and it's been good so far. But I cap the speed below 40km/h with that one, as some people seem to think that it may help to avoid errors.

Marchordie

Aug 4, 2020
Belgium
For me the combo 1.0.2.0 and badassBox 4 worked for only 3 days with the same motor as you. With the latest firmware 1.1.0.0 (85nM) the same combo worked for 2 weeks of daily riding before 504 error. Not sure if it's the dongle that is triggering the error, or if it's something else. I'm now trying out Volspeed v.3 instead and it's been good so far. But I cap the speed below 40km/h with that one, as some people seem to think that it may help to avoid errors.
Think 40kph is to much, (badass4 cuts off at 40)
Switched to speedchip, as far as I see all remarks, you should stay under 35kph to avoid 504
Does not really make a difference what chip you use...
Selectieve update to 1.0.3.0 was not possible, Bosch always present the most recent and with no indication of the version.
If someone has the 1.0.3.0 firmware available, please (this one has some corrections on faulty 504 errors)
At this point there are not many evaluations on the 1.1.0.0, so I don’t take the risk.

Magnum

Jul 23, 2020
Sweden
Think 40kph is to much, (badass4 cuts off at 40)
Switched to speedchip, as far as I see all remarks, you should stay under 35kph to avoid 504
Does not really make a difference what chip you use...
Selectieve update to 1.0.3.0 was not possible, Bosch always present the most recent and with no indication of the version.
If someone has the 1.0.3.0 firmware available, please (this one has some corrections on faulty 504 errors)
At this point there are not many evaluations on the 1.1.0.0, so I don’t take the risk.
I have Volspeed v.3 set to 35km/h, it's too early for me to say anything regarding error 504 with this setup. With badassBox 4 I was getting support up to 50km/h.

jabjab

Sep 4, 2020
hungary
I have Badassbox 4 and Bosch Gen 4 1.0.3.0. Was working fine up to 800km (real distance probably ober 1200km), and got the first 504...
Not sure why...

Marchordie

Aug 4, 2020
Belgium
Got same problem with 1.0.2.0
Riding too offen at speeds above 35kph, badass supports until 40kph....
Power consumption probably too high for a long period of time
504 dissapears after 90min of driving, you could set the wheel circumvention at the highest value....
Or look for another solution where you Can limit the speed below 35
My badass is for sale ...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles