AXS Reverb Seat Post - going to sleep

Chrengel

Apr 4, 2020
Maryland
I recently bought a 2020 Specialized SW Turbo Levo which comes standard with the SRAM AXS Reverb seat post. I've noticed that when the seat post "goes to sleep" (i.e. if the bike has been sitting a few minutes), that when I sit on it, the seat post moves down and up with just the air pressure in the post. It is not locked. If I jolt the bike or ride it, nothing changes unless I press the controller for the seat post. Then and only then does it lock the seat post. It works fine at that point until the bike has a chance to "rest" again.

Anyone else have that issue?

Chrengel

Apr 4, 2020
Maryland
Does it need bleeding?

That may very well be my issue (although I've only had the bike a week but it was manufactured June 2019 so I suppose that might be a problem that was building up). I do see in the video mention of a vent valve tool which my bike did not come with...not sure if the seat post/bike should have come with that or if it's a separate purchase.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Mine came with the tool. You could try a firmware update but I wouldn't recommend that after I bricked mine. Try the vent valve or contact SRAM.

TL6569_x1024.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles