Availability of 2019 Levos (in Western US)

Eljay

Dec 2, 2018
San Francisco
Hi,

I'm new here and have been trying to get my hands on a 2019 Levo for a while now. When I reached out to an LBS that I sort-of have an inside hook-up back in Sept., they said that they are in demand and hard to get so it would probably be a month or so before they would be able to get one for me, but I'm at the top of the list; I was fine with that. Well, now we are going on well over 2 months and they just keep on saying they still don't have one for me yet, but others seem to be getting them. I haven't really checked around at other shops because they said they would be willing to work with me and hook me up on swapping out a few components, which is huge and my experience is that most shops won't really do this without paying a ton.

My question is: Does this seem to be the norm that these things are really hard for "regular customers" to get, or is it more likely that they are not that hard to come by, and they just filling orders for other customers (maybe since I am high maintenance and want to swap some components)? This is in Western US by the way and for the carbon Levo.

Thanks for your insight!

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi,

I'm new here and have been trying to get my hands on a 2019 Levo for a while now. When I reached out to an LBS that I sort-of have an inside hook-up back in Sept., they said that they are in demand and hard to get so it would probably be a month or so before they would be able to get one for me, but I'm at the top of the list; I was fine with that. Well, now we are going on well over 2 months and they just keep on saying they still don't have one for me yet, but others seem to be getting them. I haven't really checked around at other shops because they said they would be willing to work with me and hook me up on swapping out a few components, which is huge and my experience is that most shops won't really do this without paying a ton.

My question is: Does this seem to be the norm that these things are really hard for "regular customers" to get, or is it more likely that they are not that hard to come by, and they just filling orders for other customers (maybe since I am high maintenance and want to swap some components)? This is in Western US by the way and for the carbon Levo.

Thanks for your insight!

Hi Eljay,

I am aware that it´s still a pretty long distance (drove it once for our holidays) but I guess @Al Boneta, who is part of this forum as well will be able to serve you. He has a store in Orange Orange Cycle Bike Shop | Family Owned & Pedaled Since 1969.

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
I'm in Texas, ordered mine Sept 18th then they said it would be end of Nov, after the noisy motor issue it was pushed back a month to end of Dec. I would call around your area to see who has them in stock or who can give you an ETA. Specialized doesn't like or will not allow you to buy out of state and ship them so check within your own state.

Eljay

Dec 2, 2018
San Francisco
Thanks for the helpful response so far - based on a sample size of 1, it sounds like they're not just blowing me off, but these things are hard to get right now

Casey

Oct 31, 2018
Seattle, WA USA
I live in Seattle, Wa and I have seen a few Aluminium Comps in stock but no base models or carbons. I ordered an Expert on Monday and the LBS told me Specialized system said they are not available but would be the “first week of December”. The LBS guy shrugged his shoulders and said maybe a few weeks???? I’ll update once I get it.

TurboedMarin

Oct 24, 2018
California
I ordered a comp carbon from Mike’s Bikes in San Rafael in late October (or maybe it was early November) and was told the bike wouldn’t be here until some time in January.

Casey

Oct 31, 2018
Seattle, WA USA
I live in Seattle, Wa and I have seen a few Aluminium Comps in stock but no base models or carbons. I ordered an Expert on Monday and the LBS told me Specialized system said they are not available but would be the “first week of December”. The LBS guy shrugged his shoulders and said maybe a few weeks???? I’ll update once I get it.
Here in Seattle, WA I just found out that my Green/Black XL Expert will not be available until "mid february" :cry:

Ron

Patreon
Sep 27, 2018
Campbell, CA USA
Mikes Bikes in Palo Alto had a red 2019 comp Carbon last I was there, but that was two weeks ago, not sure of the size, possibly L

Casey

Oct 31, 2018
Seattle, WA USA
Update: The shop finally got the bike - thanks for all of your input!

Elijah,
My bike shop said would have to wait until mid February but it will have “the new motor”. I’m assuming they will ship with a 4 bolt motor cover instead of the 3 bolt. And maybe they will seal the back where there has been issues with debris getting into the motor housing. Does yours have 3 or 4 bolts holding the motor cover on?

Eljay

Dec 2, 2018
San Francisco
Elijah,
My bike shop said would have to wait until mid February but it will have “the new motor”. I’m assuming they will ship with a 4 bolt motor cover instead of the 3 bolt. And maybe they will seal the back where there has been issues with debris getting into the motor housing. Does yours have 3 or 4 bolts holding the motor cover on?
I don't actually have the bike in possession yet, but only a pic - is there a way to tell from the pic?

Casey

Oct 31, 2018
Seattle, WA USA
It might be tough to tell from a picture. At about the 18:30 mark of this video it shows them removing the 3 bolt cover to give you an area of what your looking for.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles