Australians, Victorians. Feb 10th E-bike Mt Buller Epic event.

Geoff

Aug 21, 2018
Australia
Next weekend the weather for Mt Buller is looking perfect.
Agree, with a bit of desperately needed rain over the next couple of days and temperatures in the high teens conditions this weekend couldn't be any better.

Geoff

Aug 21, 2018
Australia
Wow! As at now only 7 Spots out of 100 remain. It will be interesting to see the final % of participants on hire bikes compared to those who already own one.

@Dewi if you can get this info from Matt can you post it up here.

Geoff

Aug 21, 2018
Australia
A couple of us will prob camp at Sheepyard Flat / Howqua River on the Sat
I'm staying up on the mountain on Saturday and Sunday nights. I'll be taking the DH bike up there to shuttle the downhill trails on Saturday. I don't want to risk breaking the Kenevo prior to Sunday's ride.

Gofurtherfaster

Oct 10, 2018
The woods
I'm Australian but living in England, any chance the shuttle starts in Plymouth? :p

Have a great time everyone!! Not jealous in any way, and thanks dad for choosing England.

aussieskier

Feb 4, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
I've signed up + 4 mates.

I'm an ebike noob, we recently got a place up at Buller and when we were up a lot last summer for renovations we realised how much we liked it. I was up 2 weekends ago and rented a Trek Powerfly and did a beginner skills course which was great, rode some of the tracks near the village and down the Delatite trail.

I've got no idea if the full ride will be too much for me, but I can bail out at TBJ if necessary.

I'm still saving up for my own eMTB but given my upcoming schedule there's no point until about October so will keep an eye on advancements in tech etc between now and then.

Look forward to seeing you guys up there!

This was fantastic - well organised, great location and the trails were in tip top condition due to a little rain in the week prior .
There were some battery range anxiety issues ....
But we all got home - I came back the start with 4 km range ( I topped up at the halfway point with a 20min boost )
My mate ran out 2 km from the finish ......

So the stats 45.64km ,1297m of elevation gain riding time 3 hrs 26 mins , elapsed time 5 hrs 16 mins
I am not fast , and there were some that were !

If the opportunity arises to do this ride , do it , it’s stunning scenery and an adventure in itself .
Not like Euro mountains , the peak is on my 1800 metres and you descend to 600m approx .

The photo of the queue amuses me , “ ebikes will never catch on “
Ha bloody ha , I know 107 people who disagree .
And will be telling all their mates just how Awesome it was !!

09CAE87C-949C-4B58-84E2-8CD647DE2D12.jpeg

BE552C44-89C9-43C0-AA14-D7C0FD9C13CF.jpeg

8846C7FF-E4AB-4D01-A711-04CC5CDC0E12.jpeg

AE879CC8-0CC3-443B-AB57-246DE6F81B90.jpeg

Last edited:
The sträva map , compared to bikes , e-bikes are a blast up and equal downhill .
I am old and cautious , there were some very good bike handlers on the day - new to e-bikes not MTB so found the extra weight and corresponding grip a distinct advantage .
I took a tumble ( the shout was 'gap this ' )....unfortunately my ambition outweighed my ability and boom tish i hit it hard !

<iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='EPIC Ride - Mt Buller = Awesome | Strava'></iframe>

and yes strava hounds its an E-Bike Ride ......
coz they are sooooooo much Fun !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles