Levo Gen 2 Assistance levels keep changing mid ride!

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
Every time I start a ride I have to reset my Eco, Trail and Turbo assistance levels in mission control app.
I have saved a custom setting but when I set off on my ride, the settings change mid ride.

It’s becoming a real pain in the arse. Anyone else have this issue?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
It could be reverting because the settings you input are not saved? MC needs to be logged off after you make changes. Merely exiting the app is not logging out of the app.

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
Correct...you have to close the page. So if on a cellphone, close the tab.

So to clarify...after I have saved my settings to a preset, by just returning to the home screen will mean those settings are applied to the motor?

If I quit the app without returning to the home screen, the settings won’t be applied to the motor (even though I saved the settings to a preset)?

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
If you merely return to the home screen the tab you opened for MC is still open. Close the tab. On Android the 3 vertical bars on the bottom left of screen.

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
Exactly....there is no "save" function....it's done instantly.
How old is the firmware ?

Firmware is the latest as I only just bought the bike a few weeks ago and they told me the fimware had been updated.

If you merely return to the home screen the tab you opened for MC is still open. Close the tab. On Android the 3 vertical bars on the bottom left of screen.

I don't have any tabs...I'm using iPhone 7 and IOS 13.5.1.

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
Thinking about it, I did use BLevo for a ride last week but can't see why that would make a difference. On Sunday, I checked the settings pre ride via Mission Control and all was OK. After about a mile of riding, I stopped to check, because I thought there was too much assistance and the Eco settings had changed from 25:35 to 30:100. The Trail settings had changed from 40:65 to 80:100 and Turbo had changed from 75:100 to 100:100 !!

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
Try to disable Bluetooth while riding and see if it continue to change settings.

I know MC can adjust the settings while riding, so you hit a specific hearth rate.
Maybe BLEvo can do similar stuff.

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
Try to disable Bluetooth while riding and see if it continue to change settings.

I know MC can adjust the settings while riding, so you hit a specific hearth rate.
Maybe BLEvo can do similar stuff.

Thanks, I'll try that but I'm not using any smart settings (heart rate control etc). In fact on Sundays ride, I only used Strava on my Apple watch to record the ride but the settings still changed, even though Mission Control wasn't running!!

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
To explain my thinking...which of course could be wrong!! You open a session on the internet when you access the MC app. I have no insight into how the MC app works but in general terms when you make changes via an app you are merely writing a script on the app. The app then has to send that info to the TCU. Within the app, a "send" command would initiate the transfer of that script.........or...the app can wait until the end of the session and then send all changed data as a single file. Normally every time you access the internet on a PC/phone you open a new session..........sessions that were not closed stay open ( this is what I mean by TABS). As far as I am aware there is not "close" or Exit" command in MC, so you have to close the internet session/tab you opened when you accessed MC.
Based on all of those assumptions, and in consideration of the fact that your settings change, my suggestion was that you had saved a changed settings script in MC but the app had not forwarded those settings to the TCU because it was not closed.

As a matter of interest, what settings does your TCU automatically revert to?? They a re not the default settings. Are they the previous settings you were using.?

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
I've found it very informative to record my rides using BLEvo, then dump the log into Excel (or other spreadsheet application). Use Excel to compare your pedal power with the battery power to the motor. Battery power to the motor should closely track motor power to the bike. (They are not equal, of course, because the motor is not 100% efficient.) You can create a new Excel column to calculate the ratio between your pedal power and the motor power. If there is an abrupt change in assistance, it will be reflected in an abrupt change in this ratio.

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
To explain my thinking...which of course could be wrong!! You open a session on the internet when you access the MC app. I have no insight into how the MC app works but in general terms when you make changes via an app you are merely writing a script on the app. The app then has to send that info to the TCU. Within the app, a "send" command would initiate the transfer of that script.........or...the app can wait until the end of the session and then send all changed data as a single file. Normally every time you access the internet on a PC/phone you open a new session..........sessions that were not closed stay open ( this is what I mean by TABS). As far as I am aware there is not "close" or Exit" command in MC, so you have to close the internet session/tab you opened when you accessed MC.
Based on all of those assumptions, and in consideration of the fact that your settings change, my suggestion was that you had saved a changed settings script in MC but the app had not forwarded those settings to the TCU because it was not closed.

As a matter of interest, what settings does your TCU automatically revert to?? They a re not the default settings. Are they the previous settings you were using.?

It seems to be random settings but I'll monitor my next ride and report back. Due to work commitments and bad weather, it may be the weekend before I can ride again.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think I'd be tempted to reset everything and start from scratch.

So, bike on. Run MC. Go into the power levels config page. At the top I think there's an option called "presets". Click on that and it should give you an option to select which actually resets everything to the factory defaults. Return to the main page in mission control. Turn the bike off. Turn the bike on. Any setting changes don't take effect until the bikes power has been cycled (no pun) be it in MC or Blevo.

Then maybe ride it with the default settings and see how it is. If you want to change the settings after a confirmation ride, fine, do the same thing, but use MC not Blevo.

Blevo is great and you can do some amazing things with it, but the page to change the settings can do all sort of random things and it doesn't necessarily show you what the bikes set to, it just shows certain power profiles and it's not hugely intuitive as to how you select these, if you've selected them, if you've saved them or what.

If you want to know what things are set to as you ride, stick your phone in a holder and run up MC and select ride. The screen can be set to show various data fields. Long press on each field lets you configure the field to be what you want - like mode setting, power setting, rider power, bike power, riders iq, battery level and so on. So then you'll know what's actually going on rather than having to guess and go by feel.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles