ASSIST SETTINGS

Walkea

Aug 18, 2019
Glasgow
Hi
New Jam2 owner
I have 2 rides on new Focus Jam 29.6.
Firstly thanks to other owners for posting useful information regarding the bikes and motors.
My first ride was basically a full discharge ride 20 miles 2500ft climbing mainly in factory default boost setting
Using the unlocker app I toned down all 3 settings and yesterday on a different trail covered 20 mile ride 2000ft climbing in eco/trail, using boost for a steep techy climb and came home with 4 bars showing . When used boost, which should have been 150% assist it still felt like the default 300% setting had kicked in.
Is there a way of confirming if the settings have been saved apart from repeating ride 1 to see if range has significantly increased?
Cheers
Alan

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
I have Eco in medium, Trail in medium and Boost in high. I don't see the point in reducing boost as you're not using the full capability of the motor.

I'm in Eco mainly and trail is more than enough for most climbs, I then have boost available if I really need it.

My range from the internal battery is from 25 to 45 miles depending on conditions etc...

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
Now that eco mode can be lowered I set mine to low and found it was close to what I wanted but just a bit low. Setting it to medium, while just a bit higher than I wanted, is where I’m at for now. Does anyone know what the equivalent %/power settings are for the low, med and high settings for the 3 modes? Maybe it’s worth it to look into another app to fine tune these. Thanks

Telemarker

May 4, 2019
Aberdeenshire
YEs, here are assign% / torque for new Eco modes

New shimano eco modes
low = 20/30
Medium = 40/30
High = 60/30

I actually liked 30/30 and set that using eMax app.
But I wrecked my e8000 screen and replaced with e7000 and max app doesn’t work with e7000 screen

But the medium mode is best compromise for now

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
YEs, here are assign% / torque for new Eco modes

New shimano eco modes
low = 20/30
Medium = 40/30
High = 60/30

I actually liked 30/30 and set that using eMax app.
But I wrecked my e8000 screen and replaced with e7000 and max app doesn’t work with e7000 screen

But the medium mode is best compromise for now
Thanks.

CatButt

Jul 20, 2019
Redondo Beach, Ca
Now that eco mode can be lowered I set mine to low and found it was close to what I wanted but just a bit low. Setting it to medium, while just a bit higher than I wanted, is where I’m at for now. Does anyone know what the equivalent %/power settings are for the low, med and high settings for the 3 modes? Maybe it’s worth it to look into another app to fine tune these. Thanks

I use an App called STEPS Unlocker...on a Droid...it has an actual percentage of assist as well torque values that can be changed within each mode. You can easily click a button and back to default. You can create profiles as well and switch between to see which assist settings you prefer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles