Assist cutting out at 12.3mph on Eco, plus other issues

Feb 5, 2019
Wales
So the sensor and magnet on my 2018 Giant Dirt E+1Pro are lined up properly, but it still cuts out at 12.3mph. It also works intermittently above 8 mph on the other modes. I hope it’s a software issue. Has anybody experienced this? I know you can’t really help and it will be back to the shop, but I’d like to know so I know what my options are if it’s serious.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Quick check - is it in demo mode? As you turn the battery on, hit the light switch 5 times and see if it resets to your regions speed.

Check the plugs between screen / controller etc don't have water / poor contact ( ie unplug then re plug them )

Are your battery contacts clean ? Battery tight? ( the top bracket can be adjusted down to stop it rattling around)

Other than that, the dealer needs to plug the bike into their computer then start the process of wtf ?

Feb 5, 2019
Wales
Quick check - is it in demo mode? As you turn the battery on, hit the light switch 5 times and see if it resets to your regions speed.

Check the plugs between screen / controller etc don't have water / poor contact ( ie unplug then re plug them )

Are your battery contacts clean ? Battery tight? ( the top bracket can be adjusted down to stop it rattling around)

Other than that, the dealer needs to plug the bike into their computer then start the process of wtf ?

Yeah it was. Fixed. Thank you very much!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles