Are YT slipping on their availability dates.

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
Hi guys,
Question, has anyone had their Decoy delivered early? I’m getting rumbles from friends that YT are pushing back some of their delivery dates. Now YT (when you order a bike) give you an availability date, which isn’t necessarily the delivery date. Eg I’ve ordered the Decoy pro race with an availability date of September 19, but no delivery date...mmmmm. Anyone else had experience of dates slipping?

To be honest it’s quicker getting delivery of a car.

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
To be fair it’s a brand new model with high demand, couple that with their relatively limited supply, it’s not a surprise that dates would be pushed bike.

Similar to brands like Specialized and Ducati, they limit production runs to help increase demand and ultimately improve the brand value. Great strategy, but not if you’re a consumer wanting something quickly.

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
Yup I agree, frustrating your new customer base isn’t a great strategy. But hey ho, I can always cancel and go else where is I see something nicer.

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland
I got one of the first ones and it slipped 2 weeks but as it was pre-order then difficult to estimate. I would expect them to hold the later dates as that is why they batch them. Only slip would be if a supplier lets them down.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Don’t forget they don’t manufacture them themselves and deliberately won’t over commit on orders as they aren’t a huge company - too much risk. They also have to be shipped from Taiwan/China.

Particularly US customers, the current trade wars can’t help. Even if that’s more checks on import.

There won’t be any plot to strangle supply. It won’t help them, never mind the folk they’re trying to win over from Specialized and the like.

Sorinok

May 24, 2019
Romania
I ordered an YT Decoy Base, had to be shipped on May 24, and after more than one mail my bike will be delivered 40 days off. I am particularly disappointed that they answered my emails and lied to me with the delivery.

Jedipip

Jul 29, 2018
Yorkshire
I ordered my CF Pro at launch - Added to Cart on 30th March.
It was ‘available from 5th June’.
Arrived 5th June. I’m in the UK.

It is amazing. Rob may well have been on a fully expensed press launch, but he wasn’t blowing smoke at YT with his review.

Pay your money and wait. Or don’t, you can wait for the next best thing. There will be one, it will be lighter, have a more powerful motor, go further and have a waiting list!

When you get the bike you’ll see the detail, it’s not just a bike. Ride it and you’ll be grinning.

I’m 43 miles into my first battery charge and it’s dropped two bars on the display. There are a lot of things that YT have done which make this the current ‘next best thing’.

And with the power off, it’s just like pedalling a slightly heavy Capra, there’s zero motor resistance. It will hit 18mph along canals with no assistance and it doesn’t feel like you are dragging an anchor.

You should get one!

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
I ordered my CF Pro at launch - Added to Cart on 30th March.
It was ‘available from 5th June’.
Arrived 5th June. I’m in the UK.

It is amazing. Rob may well have been on a fully expensed press launch, but he wasn’t blowing smoke at YT with his review.

Pay your money and wait. Or don’t, you can wait for the next best thing. There will be one, it will be lighter, have a more powerful motor, go further and have a waiting list!

When you get the bike you’ll see the detail, it’s not just a bike. Ride it and you’ll be grinning.

I’m 43 miles into my first battery charge and it’s dropped two bars on the display. There are a lot of things that YT have done which make this the current ‘next best thing’.

And with the power off, it’s just like pedalling a slightly heavy Capra, there’s zero motor resistance. It will hit 18mph along canals with no assistance and it doesn’t feel like you are dragging an anchor.

You should get one!
Great feedback, I’ll wait for it.

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
I’d definitely be waiting for delivery! Looks like a great bike, I don’t think it’s a game changer, so many great bikes to choose from, and it’s great YT have one in the mixer ?

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
I got notification my Pro had shipped yesterday which is only a couple of days after the original availability date. Should be here in about 10 days I believe.

Hasse Birkmose

Jul 19, 2019
Denmark
Delayed more than a month...... shitfuck!!!

----------------------
thank you for your order.

As a manufacturer, we are always partly dependent on our suppliers.
Unfortunately, one of our suppliers was not able to deliver an essential frame part on time. This left us no other choice than to postpone the scheduled assembly of your DECOY CF Base.

Going by our new arrangements, we estimate that we can have your bike shipped from assembly within calendar week 34.
The tracking code will be sent via email once the bike is handed over to DHL.

We would like to offer free shipping & bikebox as compensation for the delay.
If you have already paid for your order, we will refund the compensation to your initial method of payment.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Beste Grüße / Best regards / Cordialement
Daniel Leiblein

----------------------------------

Ordered a bike that was "in stock" 11 days ago....

Very "un-german"

Soooooooooooooo disappointed :(

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
Ordered mine in May and just been told it’s delayed from 11September to week 42 (mid November) that’s would be a delivery time of 4months 3 weeks ....goddamnit. Now by the time it’s delivered the clocks will have gone back and we’re into night riding in the wet British forests. It’s feels they have real supply issues.

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
That’s it, I’ve cancelled the order. They run a just in time production cycle, which means that those who pay upfront fund the bikes in the production cycle. One a component can’t be got hold of it stops the production line, this is how YT operate. They have no stock pool to pull from. Shame really I just don’t was a £6k bike delivered in November when I won’t use it much. Happy days to all you guys who’ve had yours....jealous much, maybe.

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
Just got my Pro delivered today. Door to door less than 12 days after the original available date. 3rd bike from YT and same story each time. Can't fault em.
How long did the whole experience take? From initial order to delivery.

06z

Jun 2, 2019
Southern California
That’s it, I’ve cancelled the order. They run a just in time production cycle, which means that those who pay upfront fund the bikes in the production cycle. One a component can’t be got hold of it stops the production line, this is how YT operate. They have no stock pool to pull from. Shame really I just don’t was a £6k bike delivered in November when I won’t use it much. Happy days to all you guys who’ve had yours....jealous much, maybe.
Is it supply issues or are all units being shipped to the US.

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
Is it supply issues or are all units being shipped to the US.
I think quite a few are getting delivered to the uk. I’m wondering is it because I didn’t pay upfront and opted for bank transfer.

Jedipip

Jul 29, 2018
Yorkshire
I think quite a few are getting delivered to the uk. I’m wondering is it because I didn’t pay upfront and opted for bank transfer.

Same thing. You paid they got your money.

It’s just down to your build not having the bits when they needed them. Supplier issues tend to be quality related. YT would sooner take the rap for late delivery than failed frames or components.

Jedipip

Jul 29, 2018
Yorkshire
One thing is for sure. In stock on their website does not mean in stock in reality as in on the shelf ready for delivery. I have their own words for it... but well... they have me by the balls. I want it too much ?

They got me on launch day. When Rob posted his review it was game ON.

They had my cash for 2 months or so.

So worth it ?

Hang tight. And trust me, the crap weather isn’t a problem for it. Mine has had 500 miles of everything thrown at it. It’s utterly superb. If I’m totally honest.....crap weather makes it worth going out on. Why’s that? I don’t know, but I relish it. But I do know one thing, I now seek out hills and tricky climbs. For fun!

I’ve changed ?

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
How long did the whole experience take? From initial order to delivery.
Ordered 28th April, with 10th July availability date. Paid for it about 5th July. Notified of shipment 12th July, arrived 22nd July.
That was for a small Pro in blue /white. Whole process was painless, same as for my previous 2 YTs. ???

Last edited:

Hasse Birkmose

Jul 19, 2019
Denmark
Ordered 28th April, with 10th July availability date. Paid for it about 5th July. Notified of shipment 12th July, arrived 22nd July.
From what i understand their rollout have been on track until a subcontractor delivering a frame part have failed them. On top of that the delivery dates on the website have not been adjusted accordingly. So double frustration on the byers side.... working in their support must be a pain right now...

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
That was for a small Pro in blue /white. Whole process was painless, same as for my previous 2 YTs. ???
Thanks, I guess I’m unlucky.

TimVW

Jul 11, 2019
Warwickshire
I think that the delivery dates on the website have been amended recently, but looking at the new dates, 3rd week of August for the base model in Red is the earliest dispatch, and then only in M, L and XL.

Are the frames for all models the same with coloured stickers?

If not, maybe the frames are the hold up, otherwise it would suggest parts specific to the CF Pro and Pro Race are the hold up. Or, they just don’t have the manpower to assemble bikes more quickly perhaps?

Hasse Birkmose

Jul 19, 2019
Denmark
yup! they changed the dates a week ago about the time when i got the apologetic email with a 5-6 weeks delay. Front frames are the same in carbon. Base model rear frame (my order) is in alu. Guess it has to do with the front frame or a suspension/battery part shared between all the models since both base and pro models are delayed. I really helps on the patience with all you good people already riding these bikes telling that they are awesome. Christmas this year will be late august - fingers crossed ;-)

TimVW

Jul 11, 2019
Warwickshire
Looking at the dates it could be the carbon rear frame as the only non base component and the dates for the CF Base are related to which has the most orders? Possibly!

Hasse Birkmose

Jul 19, 2019
Denmark
Looking at the dates it could be the carbon rear frame as the only non base component and the dates for the CF Base are related to which has the most orders? Possibly!
My order - base model - alu rear frame is pushed 5-6 weeks. It can't be the carbon rear frame i think :(

06z

Jun 2, 2019
Southern California
In the US the base models are available except the small is sold out. A few have received their base bikes in about a week after ordering. I am waiting for a Race in Large, 2-3 weeks out. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

The demand in all of Europe must be very high as they just can't keep up right now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles