• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Are these cassettes the same?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
What is the difference between the following two Shimano cassettes? Both are 11-46T, both brand new.

Deore SLX CS M7000
SLX M7000

I found them on two different websites, big price difference. The spec appears to be the same, pictures look the same. They must be relatively new design as they have the M7000 designation.

Are they the exact same, just a different choice of name?

I'd post links, but one of them is so cheap that I'm concerned that they would all be sold before I can get to it. :eek:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
it's a typo somewhere steve
There is no Deore SLX
only Deore or Deore XT

CS-M7000 is shimanos product code for an SLX Cassette
Deore is CS-M6000

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
What is the difference between the following two Shimano cassettes? Both are 11-46T, both brand new.

Deore SLX CS M7000
SLX M7000

I found them on two different websites, big price difference. The spec appears to be the same, pictures look the same. They must be relatively new design as they have the M7000 designation.

Are they the exact same, just a different choice of name?

I'd post links, but one of them is so cheap that I'm concerned that they would all be sold before I can get to it. :eek:
I could be wrong but I bought what you are on about and the difference was it came in a bag instead of the shimano box the guy explained to me as I queried it like you but was gobbledygook to me .
£ 76 or 42 . I haven't used it yet so can't compare.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles