Article Are E-MTB’s The ULTIMATE Training Tool?

Ben Plenge

Apr 15, 2019
Whilst some of you are die-hard E-Bikers who can’t remember what unassisted pedalling is, plenty of you will still be riding ‘normal’ bikes for fun and maybe even for racing.

As a full time coach to a load of MTB athletes and hundreds of trail riders across the world, I spend a lot of time thinking about how to make them faster and how to help them enjoy their riding more. I think that an E-Bike is one of the best training tools if you want to become a better rider, and in this video I explain why….

What do you think? Do you use your E-MTB to improve your mountain biking? Does it help? How does it cross over and what benefits do you find when you ride both bikes? I would love to hear your thoughts….

Did you know I created the first E-MTB specific training plan in the World? Well, I did, and it’s been used by riders across the world to improve their riding and enjoyment of E-Biking. It is not a full-bore serious training programme, but a fun and achievable plan for...

Continue reading...

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
ABSOLUTELY! When I ride solo on my eMTB, I tend to ride "at the limit", and it improves my vision, decision making, cornering skills, and braking skills. When I hop on my regular bike, it feels so "flickable". It also allows me to have a more effective "active recovery" day on days when I don't want to hammer hard.

It even helps a little bit with training for dirt bike riding (I mostly ride woods and more technical enduro stuff).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles