Archer Components D1x wireless shifting Supplier/ Support

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Trailwatts has received the New D1x trail wireless shifting system designed and made in California.
I have tested the 1st version over winter and found no issues with the system.
New version has rubberised shifter buttons and increased speed gear changes with settings to ramp 3 gears if button held down.

Video and testing to show it’s purpose at less than half the price of AXS gives us mortals the tech and faultless shifting the ebikes need.

Plus this system can be fitted to most bikes with gears not just top end eagle geared weapons.

Have a look and see what you think?

F9B357A5-9B43-48BC-9B33-3EC0B74E8E17.jpeg
97CBE795-E31E-405B-8400-26A69E638A1D.jpeg
05A53B8B-BDF8-4450-9EC1-08728946A93A.jpeg
C0A1243C-460E-41EE-97AF-357D9704B2E0.jpeg
AFD6C464-FF06-43B9-BB88-4A7D16981ED6.jpeg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Is the switch unit a rocker, or two operate buttons? Seems like it would be easy to press the wrong one if separate, and a bit more intuitive if a rocker?

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Is the switch unit a rocker, or two operate buttons? Seems like it would be easy to press the wrong one if separate, and a bit more intuitive if a rocker?
Two button operation. Quite difficult to activate both. If both pressed, no operation will occur.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
I fitted the unit tonight and setup was easy. I will share pictures and video tomorrow. Great system that shifts?
The Quick shift feature is very handy (changes 2-3gears rapidly)

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I have been running it for a couple of months. It definitely works better with an 11 speed system. It didn’t work very well with my box 8-speed on the Kenevo. I have put this on a customer’s regular bike with eagle with good results.
Setting up the system could be easier. When I was hooking mine up, the system wanted to pair up with my TyreWiz, battery, Shockwiz, GPS, my workbench Bluetooth speaker and every other Levo within 10 feet of my workshop. None of these are the shifter of course and it took forever to pair up. There are 3 batteries for the system and the charger only does 2 batteries at a time. The batteries require frequent recharging, so check them a few hours before your ride, because you might have setup the whole system from scratch when you take the batteries out to recharge them. I also wish the main unit was smaller.
Aside from all of the annoying things I mentioned above I would recommend this system. AXS Eagle is too expensive and 12-speed drivetrains don’t make much sense on Emtbs, so this is the perfect way to significantly improve the shifting of an 11-speed bike. It’s also great on bikes that don’t have the best cable routing like the first gen Levo or the Kenevo.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
I have been running it for a couple of months. It definitely works better with an 11 speed system. It didn’t work very well with my box 8-speed on the Kenevo. I have put this on a customer’s regular bike with eagle with good results.
Setting up the system could be easier. When I was hooking mine up, the system wanted to pair up with my TyreWiz, battery, Shockwiz, GPS, my workbench Bluetooth speaker and every other Levo within 10 feet of my workshop. None of these are the shifter of course and it took forever to pair up. There are 3 batteries for the system and the charger only does 2 batteries at a time. The batteries require frequent recharging, so check them a few hours before your ride, because you might have setup the whole system from scratch when you take the batteries out to recharge them. I also wish the main unit was smaller.
Aside from all of the annoying things I mentioned above I would recommend this system. AXS Eagle is too expensive and 12-speed drivetrains don’t make much sense on Emtbs, so this is the perfect way to significantly improve the shifting of an 11-speed bike. It’s also great on bikes that don’t have the best cable routing like the first gen Levo or the Kenevo.

This is the New Trail version with improved battery management and battery enclosure along with remote internal changes providing adjustability on the fly. Buttons have been improved along with shift time reduction. I ran the 1st version which needed some improvements to make it perfect.

I’m happy with the new Trail version and running it on both test bikes.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
What's it like under load? Whilst pedaling etc

Under load it’s fine. If you are in turbo you need to back off but really it changes fine.
I’ve tested it on climbs and changes aswell.
I will go out tomorrow and give 100% honesty on the new trail setup.

I think if I had a good chain and cassette not a worn lot??? it would be ??

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
0708E8BB-8BEB-4CBC-B003-D1BDBDB9C18D.jpeg
5767CEB8-CA63-40B1-9F8B-3345C101747F.jpeg
Trail testing was great getting used to using a firm button instead of cable pull. After about 30 minutes of use I became used to gear changes and it gets faster due to trusting the change ?
Micro adjust on the Trail was so easy with the micro switch on the remote.
I set the quick shift to change 2 gears up or down which is a handy feature when you want to get going faster or hit a climb in wrong gear.

Overall, I will be running the D1x for 2019 on the Levo. 1 year warranty if purchased through Trailwatts. As with my booster systems, always available to chat or assist you.
Trailwatts UK

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Please check out trailwatts on Facebook or Instagram showing video of the D1x in action.

jsalas2

Apr 6, 2018
San antonio, Tx
Is there a trick to getting the shifter batteries out. Trying to shake a 50lb bike and they will not fall out. They need to make the batteries spring loaded, they made the battery cover spring loaded, when it should of been the batteries.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Is there a trick to getting the shifter batteries out. Trying to shake a 50lb bike and they will not fall out. They need to make the batteries spring loaded, they made the battery cover spring loaded, when it should of been the batteries.

I believe there will be a revision with next version.

LeonLevo

Jul 31, 2018
Belgium

That is indeed also the one problem I have with the system. Recently had to cancel a ride last-minute because I could not get the batteries out to replace them.

But overall I really like the use and flexibility of the system.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles