• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Anyone used Schwalbe K-Guard tyres?

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Both me and the wife have Schwalbe 29 x 2.6. Mine are Nobby Nics and Wife’s are Smart Sam.
Always wondered why I’ve had 7 punctures and the wife has had zero until today when I noticed she has K-Guard in here.

This could all be a coincidence of course and I’ve just had bad luck but anyone else used K-Guard? Are they any good?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
it's just an extra layer of protective material.
Schwalbe have many many levels of protective insert to choose from...
SCHWALBE PROTECTION. BENCHMARK OF PUNCTURE PROTECTION | Schwalbe Tires North America

Unless ALL your punctures have been from sharps. My money would probably be on luck and your Mrs riding lighter/slower/more carefully/less

Can't remember the last time my GF had a puncture at all. (running tubeless single plys).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles