Anyone try/have Trust Massage forks on their Focus emtb?

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
I am not too sure as to whether they would be worth the cost and the time to set up and maintain.

I rode a test bike with the Ribi fork in the 80's and thought they were absolutely brilliant. Held the front end up when hard on the brakes entering a corner so when you hit big braking bumps the bike did not become unsettled.

hondaribi1314190694.jpg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Someone has a Levo with a set of Trust forks fitted. From what I have read they haven’t got very good reviews though, and very much seem to have a lot of areas to improve in.

This article in Pinkbike is interesting, not a review on the trust, but in a bike with an integrated linkage fork, which seems the most resolved attempt yet

Review: Six Months on Structure's Wild Looking Cycleworks SCW 1 - Pinkbike

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
I've actually watch this video and many others. Not one set of these forks were tested on an ebike that I seen. I think it would be interesting. I had a chance to get a really good deal on a pair. That deal has now passed ?
Is there any reason you would expect them to behave any differently on an ebike though? The only difference as far as the fork is concerned is a rise in total system weight (bike+rider+kit) of 5-7kg. I personally can't see why that would render the reviews you have seen invalid in terms of use on an ebike.

cabbynate

Sep 30, 2019
Las Vegas NV
Is there any reason you would expect them to behave any differently on an ebike though? The only difference as far as the fork is concerned is a rise in total system weight (bike+rider+kit) of 5-7kg. I personally can't see why that would render the reviews you have seen invalid in terms of use on an ebike.
Well typically ebikes are heavier and drive a bit harder into things. At least I do. I also have a faster pace on my ebike than my standard mtb and the manufacturer says these forks work better the faster you go. I may try a pair of the Shout forks as the axle to crown is close to the 150mm forks I have on my Focus now. If I do I will buy them factory direct for the 30 day money back guarantee.;)

cabbynate

Sep 30, 2019
Las Vegas NV
Well I ordered the Trust Performance Shout forks today. The axle to crown it about 25mm longer on the Trust forks than my 150mm Rockshox Revaluation's. I will have to go back to the 27.5 front wheel. I hope I like them. If not someone's gonna get a good deal on a Barely used set.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Well I ordered the Trust Performance Shout forks today. The axle to crown it about 25mm longer on the Trust forks than my 150mm Rockshox Revaluation's. I will have to go back to the 27.5 front wheel. I hope I like them. If not someone's gonna get a good deal on a Barely used set.

Ouch. The rumor is that Trust might be going out of business soon. Might want to put that order on hold for a week or two.

cabbynate

Sep 30, 2019
Las Vegas NV
Ouch. The rumor is that Trust might be going out of business soon. Might want to put that order on hold for a week or two.
I seen that. I read another shop is going to take over while they do R&D on new products. Either way they are on the UPS truck as we speak. I sent them an email yesterday to ask about my bike being over forked and got two reply's. They feel the Massage may have been a better choice scene it's made for a 110mm-140mm travel bike. Still, they said it depends on the type of riding I do..

Last edited:

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
I seen that. I read another shop is going to take over while they do R&D on new products. Either way they are on the UPS truck as we speak. I sent them an email yesterday to ask about my bike being over forked and got two reply's. They feel the Massage may have been a better choice scene it's made for a 110mm-140mm travel bike. Still, they said it depends on the type of riding I do..
How did you end up liking ur shout. I still run Shouts on my Orbea Rallon and Evil Wreckoning V3....and kinda want to throw one on my Rail.

cabbynate

Sep 30, 2019
Las Vegas NV
I never did use my Shout forks. I used my Massage forks and really liked them but they were a bit harsh off at the beginning of the travel so I went back to my 150mm rockshox lyrik. I would have loved to have tried the shouts but my bike is a 140mm travel from factory and after talking to the Hap Seliga He reamended the Massage for my bike. This is what he said:

Thanks, Nate – Glad to hear it! Looks like that bike was designed for a 140mm front suspension, so you’ll slacken the front end a bit with a Shout. We recommend you check with the manufacturer before ‘overforking.’ While climbing won’t be a ‘problem’, the effects of running a larger fork (slackened head angle; higher BB) will make it a bit more ‘sluggish’ climbing, but it’s also an ebike …

The Message is designed to replace 110-140 front suspension, and is likely be a better choice for that model bike, but it also depend how you ride it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles